AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Bridge Page Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site had traffic stopped today due to being classified as a bridge page. I want to improve my sites and resubmit, but want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. Any input would be very much appreciated.

My Site:

http://luminariapost.com/article/Colon-and-Rectal-Cancer

Bride Page Policy:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190435?hl=en

My site earns revenue from display advertising, but I don't think that would be enough to be classified as a bridge page. I felt I had enough unique content to justify the display ads. What do you guys think? 

Thinking of making the following changes. Am I on the right track here?

-less display ads

-longer articles with a more focused and unique view on the topic. My current content is the same info general available elsewhere.

-information about the authors, perhaps use google authorship tools

-citations, stats, infographics, anything to make the page a bit more engaging to the user.

-perhaps a clinic finder, a forum, a news stream? these are hardly original but perhaps enough to fill the site out a bit more?

Thanks again!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bridge Page Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi ;
Are you promoting this site OR showing ads on it ?. If the latter - the question should be asked on the Adsense help forum;
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense
If you are advertising this site on Adwords ; what is the business model?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I am promoting the site on AdWords.

The business model is producing and promoting unique content and monetizing that content with related banner ads. I'm just concerned the content isn't quite as exceptional as it should be to advertise on AdWords.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well;.... Even if we set aside the "bridge violation", and assume original content, this site promotes clinical trials and drug therapy for cancer.

This is a violation of the "clinical trials" clause, and the prescription drug clause of the healthcare and medicine section of the  Policy;

Hence; this site (regardless if violated the bridge section) cannot be promoted on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm, I'm seeing where it's promoting either of those. There is content related to each of those topics but I don't see how that counts as promotion. You think it's dangerous to even mention those things in content? Or perhaps you mean its indirectly promoting those items through the banner ad advertisers?

Beyond the above, does anyone see what would make this considered a bridge page? And would the changes mentioned in my original host help fix the issue?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You said that you are promoting (i.e. Advertising ) this site using AdWords.
These types of sites (with content about clinical trials / cancer medications / cures ) cannot be promoted on AdWords unless some exemptions (e.g. a pharma company under restrictions)