AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Bridge Page Dilemma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a few clients who promote weight loss products. Each products is different with different logos & brand names. So we have managed to avoid double serving on them.

However now another client of mine who is an affiliate of few of these products is running a review website (with quality content & 100's of products reviewed), wants us to run an adwords campaigns for keywords related to these products.

Do you think Google may identify this as Bridge Page or is it legitimate? The affiliate site in question is dietpill-reviews DOT co DOT uk and we are already running ads for some of the top 5 products listed on this website.

Thanks!

Wangdu

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bridge Page Dilemma

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Phunsuk

As per my understanding, if you advertise for this new client with a New Adwords account then it would not break any Google policy. Since the websites have different URLs and ownership so its not violating any Google policy.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Even if both the accounts are on manager defined spend & being funded by me from my bank account? The billing information is offcourse different from both these accounts.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, because since you are using MCC, which is obviously used for managing different clients irrespective of their industry.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello;

I think the approach you are taking is too risky and could end up in "unpleasant consequences". Smiley Surprised

First, you are promoting a "weight loss" program.  - A sensitive issue. Verify that you fully in compliance with the "advertiser claims" section of the Policy, and you are not promoting products which claim quick weight loss without exercising or  without moderate diet. - This could trigger a suspension.

Second: you are promoting the same products, similar in pricing, owned by the same business entity, while "attempting" to "bypass" the double serving by showing different logos.  However; since you have already two criteria for violation - you are in violation.... Smiley Surprised

So, my view - you are a bit "playing with fire" here...  And you know:  once Google decides  that  you  ignited the fire - it will be  over.... Smiley Surprised

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Nice to hear from you. How are you doing?

I can understand that this may sound scandalous but it is not. First of all these are not 2 similar products but completely different products with different pricing, logos, & websites. So you can say one of them is a diet pill & another one is a slimming tea. The only relation is that they both are in the weight loss industry.

We have already had a discussion with the policy team and have passed all policy checks to be under their complainace for both "double serving" and "advertiser claims".

So my main question is that will Google identify this new review website as a bridge page to the products? The product is owned by different entity and this review website is from different entity, however both the adwords accounts are management by our agency through MCC.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
" an affiliate of few of these products "

"Bridge pages offer little or no unique content and are considered low value to users. Affiliate sites that display the same characteristics may also be considered bridge pages."

google is the final arbiter of little, unique, low value, and characteristics.

it is double-serving that relates to ownership, brand,
customer service, and the adwords account details.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thoroughly   review the "guide for affiliate advertising" before starting an affiliate campaign on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all for your suggestions. We will now review all the policies again and probably also consult with the policy team before starting this campaign.

Thanks!