AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Blocked Adwords Account for strange reasons

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since a couple of weeks my Adwords account for my software which I've used for 5 years got suspended.

After having contacted support they told me that the reasons are the following:

The download page of my software doesn't link to EULA (which i've fixed now)

The download page of my software doesn't state instructions on how to uninstall the product

My download page is already a bit complex, there are different versions and a few pre-requisites so I don't want to overload it with information that 99% of users do not need at download time (who needs uninstall information when they are downloading the product and would look for that at this place ???).

I have now added this information under the Support / FAQ however I don't see any reason why to put even a link to this directly on my download page. No other software is doing so including none of Google's own softwares or none of the other softwares (similar to mine or not) present on Adwords.

This policy isn't even stated anywhere in Google's policies. Additionally, the steps to uninstall my softwares are as standards as they could be (Control Panel, Add / Remove, ...). The software it not bundled with anything else, it's a software that I'm selling and therefore making money with, not trying to whatever being intrusive and impossible to uninstall.

I just have the feeling that somebody is trying to spoil my business.

Did anybody else got such experience recently ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Blocked Adwords Account for strange reasons

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your site and software must comply with the "unwanted software Policy"
https://www.google.com/about/company/unwanted-software-policy.html
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I suppose and expect that it does comply...

My website is : http://www.webcamxp.com/

I'm using it to sell my products for more than 10 years, 5 years of promotion on Google Adwords...

The uninstallation is as standard as it could be: control panel->add / remove program->uninstall

I have now added to the FAQ and will see if it's enough but I refuse to add uninstall instructions directly on the download page as they are requesting...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Steve;
If the site is fixed, then resubmit it using this link;
Explain to the reviewer all steps taken to fix.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704381?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Steve N wrote:

...Adwords account for my software which I've used for 5 years got suspended.

After having contacted support they told me that the reasons are the following:

The download page of my software doesn't link to EULA (which i've fixed now)

The download page of my software doesn't state instructions on how to uninstall the product...

...No other software is doing so including none of Google's own softwares or none of the other softwares (similar to mine or not) present on Adwords.

...I just have the feeling that somebody is trying to spoil my business.

Did anybody else got such experience recently ?

Steve, I am wondering if you are now, in the clear?  That is, I am currently going through everything you mentioned.  The process has been ongoing since March 6.  Today is April 23 (soon to be April 24).  I feel a bit like I am in Bizarro World.  I have also asked myself, "Is someone at Google mad at me?"  Because that is exactly how it feels.  I have been a loyal customer on the same AdWords account since 2004.

Anyway, did you have to apply to register your site as the authoritative distribution source since you offer a free trial download?  That is the last I was told...

Just trying to see if anyone has any pointers on how to expedite this already arduous process.  Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@UB-04 S;

Please refrain from multiple postings on the same issue. It could confuse us with other cases.

I replied to your other post, in another thread.

@Buzzb