AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Bias for certain sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is Google showing bias for certain sites in adwords? Is it the adwords spend or brand that matters?If such is the case ,
why is Google trying to entice people woth coupons finally to torture people?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bias for certain sites

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI sparklet

I understand your frustration but i think it will be great if you can elaborate your post with some exmaple.

While adwords is concerned : A lot of things matter which includes spend, bid, relevanccy, history and many others.

I hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Spraklet,

I would recommend reading up on AdWords Quality Score metirc... this has a big impact in terms of where your ad appears in the search results.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello theniks,

This is with repect to my adwords account. The account is repeatedly being branded as violator of adwords ToS whenever  I upload some content though the content does not violate adwords policy.For the initial suspension, changes were required and they were done. After that , the account was suspended twice. And the final time, I got message was that ads won't be accepted further. Doesn't matter even if ad is not accepted.It is being accepted from similar sites, infact bigger brands.But for no fault here,why should the adwords account be suspended again and again?That is my question.

Isn't it a bias from Google's part? Why is it going on offering coupons for adwords to all the people when it going to promote only big brands?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I do understand how you feel about this but I personally dont think its bias. It can depend on several things especially in case of bigger brands who have trademarked terms which you might be using in your ad copies or violating policy in some other way.

Also most of bigger brands hire large agencies to handle their accounts and these agencies have experienced managers who know ways to make sure that their clients get maximum exposure in the market. 

I personally run a lot of smaller accounts and I feel its always unfair to compare my accounts with bigger brands who have loads of experience, history and trademarked terms

I know I haven't given you a definite answer but I hope you understand that Its best to find out ways to improve performance of your campaigns and not to compare yourself with large brands

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi theniks,

I am not comparing with bigger brands. What I am comparing is the differential treatment meted out by Google for different sites.Google should have made this clear with adwords policy.

Regards,

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello sparklet;

Please share with us your website URL, so we can have a look

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello MosheTL,

I have sent mail to you. Please go through the same.

Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Adwords community,

Finally, I am closing my account.There are no uniform standards in evaluation.Google is coming up with newer and newer evaluation processes.I am fed up and frustrated with this bias,arbitrariness and lack of concern from Google.

Best,

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Don't fret, Sparklets.

Google has CONSISTENTLY run afoul of America's anti-trust laws, and they won't be allowed to do that for much longer.  Any lawyer will salivate over filing an anti-trust suit against Google, and Google won't care, even though it'll cost them BILLIONS.

So, stay tuned!