AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Becoming Globally Accessible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company has several e-commerce storefronts. In the past, we have blocked global access to our sites due to some past issues with hacking. We've recently updated our servers & our programmer feels the sites are better equipped in terms of security, so now we are looking to become globally accessible—we have had major issues with AdWord ads being disapproved because of this, as well as an inability to begin shopping campaigns because of lack of global access.

My question is this: Does anyone have a list of countries with which we must become accessible in order to get around these issues? I've tried searching, but haven't come up with much. I'd really just like a list of countries so we can start working on becoming accessible in them in order to start fixing these problems.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Re: Becoming Globally Accessible

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Natalie G,

It is Google's requirement that your website should be accessible from any location, though you aren't targeting any of those locations. Learn more here under 'site not working'. However, your concerns about security and potential attacks are very valid. I wouldn't suggest blocking countries, as there are tools to keep your site safe. You can try server security tools available in the market (some research is required though) to maintain your website safety and make it available to all locations. That way, you wouldn't be violating the policy and still have a safe website.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Re: Becoming Globally Accessible

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Natalie G,

It is Google's requirement that your website should be accessible from any location, though you aren't targeting any of those locations. Learn more here under 'site not working'. However, your concerns about security and potential attacks are very valid. I wouldn't suggest blocking countries, as there are tools to keep your site safe. You can try server security tools available in the market (some research is required though) to maintain your website safety and make it available to all locations. That way, you wouldn't be violating the policy and still have a safe website.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar