AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

BRAND NEW USER - immediately suspended. No warning, no explanation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I logged into my Adwords account and created an ad campaign for the first time ever.I had a red banner up top warning about my outdated billing details, so I corrected them - no problem

I created my ads and the campaign, and all the statuses were "eligible". I waited for 3 days - ads stayed "eligible". So I phone Adwords, only to find out my account's suspended! No warnings, no emails, no sign or indication of anything being wrong at all. I submit a ticket ASKING WHY and explaining I'm a new user - 36 hours later I get an email basically saying the account was re-reviewed and I'm violating Adwords policies and my account is now permanently suspended!

WHAT?! Is this really how you treat your clients?! In no way was there ever eny intention to violate any policies. I read through them and don't see anything wrong with anything I've done!

I would really appreciate some feedback on this. Is that all now? Is that the end of the line for me? Talk about the shortest standing Adwords customer on the planet! I would really, REALLY appreciate somebody explaining this to me. No warnings. No individual ads not approved. Just flat out suspension of a new customer with no explanation whatsoever.

Simply disapprove my ad, explain my "violation" and I will correct it and know in future - this is how it works in every other customer service environment I can think of! Is it my billing details? My ads? WHAT?!

I feel that reconsideration of my account given the circumstances, is fair and warranted.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ruggero S
September 2015

Re: BRAND NEW USER - immediately suspended. No warning, no explanation

Google Employee
# 12
Google Employee

Hi Ruggero,

I'm told your account was unsuspended a few hours ago. Let us know if you're still having problems.

I think this may be a first for me. Usually when I get curious and look into a suspension I discover it was justified, always for reasons I can't talk about in public.

Laura

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I agree. Those instant suspensions or a warning email, sent while you were asleep, followed by a suspension 3 hours later, while the advertiser was still asleep, can upset users.... Smiley Surprised
Having said that, usually that happens when the violation is very  serious and can harm users or abuse the network  users. Thus google suspends instantly,

Now, I am not implying that this is what happened in your case.  Google could err.
Please share your website URL, and we will have a look.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Gladly - here's the site I was linking to: http://www.capetours.co.uk

...and I might add that the ads I made are very tame. No wierd characters, no "bad words", no tricks. Only what is offered and what to expect when the ad is clicked (call to action).

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Ruggero,

Has this been fixed already? I just took a look at your account (or at least the only one I could find pointing to capetours.co.uk). All the ads I looked at are approved but paused. I don't see any sort of suspension on the account, nor a history of one.

I do see a billing problem, which you'll see an alert for when you log in -- a big red bar across the top of the page. There are two of those, so make sure to use the little arrows to look at both. The billing one has a link to a page where you can fix it.

Laura
Ads Review engineer

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Laura,

Thank you for looking into this. Nope it looks like it's still not fixed...

The plot thickens, because I have no alerts/red bars anywhere at all in my adwords panel. I've received an email stating my account is suspended, and when I phone the call centre the automated recording also advises me it's suspended and won't let me through to talk to a "real" person.

When I first logged into the adwords account after not having accessed it for a number of years, I did see a red bar alert at the top to fix my billing details, which I have already done, and I have subsequently not seen any further alerts anywhere.

I've just re-checked my billing details, and they're correct and the linked card is valid and active. So, where to from here?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Laura is now asleep (time zones...) I'll check with another team.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe - appreciate the help! I don't mind waiting for Laura if need be...

Note my adwords customer ID is  <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, in order to remove sensitive information. This is done to protect privacy and account security.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
@ Ruggero
This is a public forum - at this point CID is not needed. Please remove it.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looks like I was beaten to it - admin's removed it. Didn't realise publishing the CID was a security risk...

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi Ruggero,

I escalated this to the right team a little while ago.

Part of what's going on here is that this is not actually a new account. It looks like you created it about 6 years ago but never did anything with it. I'm guessing it eventually got disabled as a potential bad-guy "sleeper" account.

Posting CIDs (or any other personally identifiable information) on a public forum is a risk. For example, he CID might allow someone to call AdWords support and impersonate you. Hopefully support would want proof that you're you before doing anything drastic, but it can't hurt to be safe.

Laura