AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Auto Repair Service AZ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For some reason the following website isn't approved and has been suspended, can someone help me with why this would happen. http://autorepairserviceaz.com/ 

The name of the business is University Motor Werks but my client wanted a better domain and picked autorepairserviceaz.com. Would Google flag the website because of keywords in the domain?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Auto Repair Service AZ

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mike,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Please know that, when a user clicks on the ads, the user must be directed to a working Landing Page. But when I check your site "http://autorepairserviceaz.com/ " it takes me to the page with 404 error. However, if you remove the slash symbol from the URL then it works fine.

So this time, change the ads destination URL to "http://autorepairserviceaz.com" without Slash. Now about the site being suspended, system thought that they might be two different sites and might have suspended the site as it is leading to a page worth 404 error. So please make changes to rectify so that the site with slash i.e "http://autorepairserviceaz.com/ " also goes to the perfect page. Once corrected call up AdWords Phone Team and ask them to escalate the site for review.

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Great response. Thanks Prashanth.

@Mike, hope that was useful. Else feel free to reply with more details.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Mini Appreciate your feedback.
Glad I could Help Him.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Prashanth,

I don't think that this is the problem. That URL has some characters AFTER the slash, namely %C2%A0.

When the URL is with slash or without slash is works 100%. The characters after the slash can be an artefact from this forum software of it can be a copy & paste error. I very much doubt that the ads have these characters in them.

In any case, even if the ads lead to a non-working page, the ads will be suspended and NOT the site. No site is suspended because the target URL is not working. We get that kind of error all the time, because Google has some wrong time-outs somewhere.

Something is wrong with the site content.

Regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Mike,

Your site may fall under the information harvesting policy, namely the clients cannot do much on that landing page except providing their personal details to the company. This is not allowed.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Razvan,

Sir, Let me clarify, if the ads URL is a page that is leading to a 404 page then YES the ads will be disapproved. In any case, for your question "if the ads lead to a non-working page, the ads will be disapproved and NOT the site."   I completely Disagree with that point. The ads will be disapproved and the site will be suspended as well if needed be (it is the system that suspends the site). I have personally worked on sites that were down for this VERY reason.

For your post "When the URL is with slash or without slash is works 100%". Please check both the URL's and you will find one working and the other leads to 404 page. (Clearly reads 404 error or error page).

It may be for several reasons, the site may have been suspended. If the site has to be un-suspended then all the errors have to be fixed, which will be conveyed by the AdWords Support Team or by simply adding a Policy Details Column in the Ads Tab which shows the violations that triggered the suspension.

Hope this Clarifies.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Prashanth,

The target website works with or without the end slash. The problem is not the slash, it's the characters after the slash, as I explained.

If the target URL is not working, the site may be suspended but there have to be repeated violations. This error - target URL not working is very common (AdWords servers see the target domain as being down by mistake). However, I have never seen a website being suspended on these grounds.

In this case, the target URL works, so the problem is somewhere else.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
We wouldn't suspend a site if the URL weren't working and we were getting 404 errors. We'd just disapprove the ads.

I suspect that Razvan is right and the site was suspended for Information Harvesting. The contact form on the front page probably got flagged by one of our models. I suggest getting rid of it, since you already have a copy of the form on the Contact Us page. Then contact customer support and ask for the suspension to be reviewed.

There's also a slight chance that the Customer Testimonials are getting flagged as being suspicious or fake reviews. It's a bit odd that there are only two of them, both from people named Campbell. But I doubt we have a model that would catch that kind of thing. As a consumer it would make me pretty suspicious, though.

Laura
Ads Review engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mini, I resolved that issue, but still getting the flag, going to try some of the info below.