AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Are there any changes done in Google AdWords after 5th of Nov 2012. Results have affected badly.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

Please tell me is there any change done in Google Adwords algorithm after 5th of Nov. 2012? Its being shown highly affected results in my adwords account while I didn't make any big changes.

Regards,

Anand Vishwakarma

Anand Vishwakarma
2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Are there any changes done in Google AdWords after 5th of Nov 2012. Results have affected badly.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anand,

avish wrote:

Dear All,

Please tell me is there any change done in Google Adwords algorithm after 5th of Nov. 2012? Its being shown highly affected results in my adwords account while I didn't make any big changes.

Regards,

Anand Vishwakarma

Google Adwords is ever changing, but don't expect any Panda updates (like Organic results and SEO updates) getting announced from Adwords' side Smiley Happy

I would advice you to follow Official Adwords Blog for latest updates, news, features happening with Adwords. Officially alogithmic changes are not disclosed as such.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: Are there any changes done in Google AdWords after 5th of Nov 2012. Results have affected badly.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Avish,

Pankaj is right on this one. There is nothing drastic to AdWords that would adversely affect your campaigns.
Could you tell us what has gone wrong? drop in clicks, impressions, CTR? Increase in CPCs? drop in conversions, positions?
We may be able to provide suggestions with a few more details from u! Smiley Happy
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shweta,

It might be that in AdWords nothing happens drastically but in my case it happened. Surprisingly I stoppoed getting impressions from one of my potential managed placement. Actually from 8 of Nov. 2012 I stopped getting impressions (not even a single imp.) from a managed placement and before that it was giving me good number of clicks and just before a day on 7th Nov. I got 398,89 impressions and 82 clicks. And from the next day (08th Nov.) to till date I didn't get a single impressions. Smiley Sad

I've done all changes whatever suggested by Pankaj, Adam, Neha, and other adwords experts. I've increased bid upto almost 3 times, created new ads and all what I can do for best but none worked.

Can you plz suggest me your views on it.

Thanks with regards,

Avish

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Avish,

Is that publisher still showing AdWords ads?

All publishers run a program called AdSense. Adsense allows all publishers to block advertisers specifically.

This particular advertiser could have opted to block you from showing ads on his website.

From AdSense Help: https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180609&topic=23390&rd=1

If this is the case, dont think there is anything else that could have happened from AdWords. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shweta,

I've bit understanding of Google AdSense and know that a publisher can block a domain to show on their website. Smiley Happy

Yeah, adwords ads are showing on that website but my ads aren't.

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Avish,

I cant think of any other possibility for your impressions going from 398,89 impressions to 0 in a day.
You could mail the webmaster of that site and find out if they have blobked your advertising just to be sure. If they have, i dont think there is anything much you can do Smiley Sad
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor