AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Are Hosting ompanies AdWords credits scam?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I and my partner in USA purchased few hosting accounts only because of AdWords credits. His billing info is entered. We got few coupons. It is completely legal. I am in Pakistan when I entered my number account is suspended. I wonder why our account is suspended. So all these hosting free credits are scam? Google should keep it’s commitment with these companies to whom they provide free credits.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Are Hosting ompanies AdWords credits scam?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI taimoorgilani54

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

I think it may be possible that this is down to applying the code in the wrong region.

"The country of your billing address You tried applying the code in the wrong region. Promotional codes don't travel well. If you received one in a particular region or country, it might not work outside that region or country. Check the code's terms and conditions for country restrictions."

Here's a page with promo code issues and how to address them, I hope you find it useful-

Fix a promo code issue

Kind regards

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Are Hosting ompanies AdWords credits scam?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

There is another thread discussing the same thing here

Google have been hit very hard by people running businesses on Google credit - that they are looking at a number of ways to stop the rot.

The current attempt involves getting the advertiser to commit to spending a nominal amount of money prior to getting the credit - we have two options at the moment here in Spain - spend €25 and then get €75 credit - or - spend what you want in month one and Google will credit you with the same amount in month two - up to a maximum of €200.

Previoulsy, companies would set up a new account - apply a coupon - run the ads until the credit was used up - export the campaigns using AdWords Editor - set up a new account - import the campaigns, apply a new coupon and so on - running businesses on Google's dime....

When I posted a new promo from Google on my website last year - I got two or three contacts from people offering to buy the coupons... for next to nothing.... needless to say I didn't sell!

The thing is, these businesses are probably running on such small margins and low returns that it only makes economic sense if they can run all the ads for free - as soon as they have to pay for even 25% of them (as is the case with the first option above) then the model implodes.

Good for Google for looking at ways to make the coupons meaningful - let's face it - if you can't commit €25 then you shouldn't be in business.

I am sure that once they find a way to stop the abuse, the coupons will be "borderless" but for the time being we are all being punished for the activities of a few.