AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Arbic URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

The URL to my last ad campaign is:

http://www.السيجارةالالكترونية.com

Which is working perfectly toward a website.

You just sent me a messagin saying " ad disapproved, Reasons
This ad has been disapproved.
[Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code"

Please check ASAP everything is working fine.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Arbic URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Portanza; Welcome;

AdWords does not support non-Latin characters for destination and display URL, (You can encode into English, but the resulting display URL is "horrendous")

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe, thank you.

Do you mean this is what I should use?

WWW.XN--MGBAAAICGL0CEO2RFGB9A7AYN.COM  

I just hope it fits into the url space!!! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Portanza
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Portanza;

Yep ; and indeed it sometimes does NOT fit, and it surely doesn't look well.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Moshe.

This not for you, but just a comment to who may concern.

It looks like Google doesn't care much about the "others."
I'm sure if 60% the internet traffic was in Arabic or Chinese, Google would give priority to these languages.

It's been a long time that ITLD have been introduced but still they act like they don't count, I can't believe they don't have a team of programmers able to enable other URL properly. 

it's not a good reputation for Google if I have to run a campaing for an Arabic customer!
Thanks anyway

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Portanza;

I completely agree;

As any other big company; Google has its priorities. However, to its credit I should say, that Google does listen to customers. This community is managed by Google, and Adwords team review most of the topics. I am sure (knowing the guys) that your comment will be taken. ( Though, not sure when, and if, implemented).

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyway we changed the URL to latin characters, but we receive the same message again.

"BAD URL RESPONSE"

All I can see is that google doesn't care. at all!
They send us automated messages bases on who knows what justification, we really doublt there is anyone checking this ads in the backed, trying to do their best to pay less as a company, and we customers should consume our time in order to try to understand.

I appreciate people like you who help in this commmunity, but Google should invest their time to assit people, especially when they are paying customers.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Portanza;

Can you please post your display URL and destination URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure,

this is the original URL: http://السيجارةالالكترونية.com  

and this is the latin version: http://xn--mgbaaaicgl0ceo2rfgb9a7ayn.com 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

You must use the Latin encoded version for both display URL and for destination URL.!

"For each ad, you'll specify a display URL (shown to customers with your ad) and a destination URL (used to determine where people are taken when they click your ad). Google's policy is that both URLs be within the same website (meaning that they share the same domain)"

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6313