AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Approved (limited) because of a trademark issue — we are a dealership

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Good day, everyone!

I run ads for a Ford dealership here in Calgary, Canada. I have built a new landing page for the F-150 truck, created a display ad. It is now Approved (limited) because of the trademarks used and not yielding many impressions.

We have around 50 ads with the same trademarks but they direct to the dealer's website, not landing page and we haven't had any problems. Both website and landing page explicitly talk about selling those cars.

I tried talking to Google reps but they keep telling me the same thing without any explanation or solution. It seems the issue might be related to the landing page and I am willing to make changes to it but I am not getting any help from the Google people.

Your advice is much appreciated!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not sure I understand, have you applied for authorization?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Farkhod F,

I don't think so, @MosheTLV.

I am kept wondering about the reason the LP is sitting on a .ca domain instead the dealer's .com domain. I would not say it's a fortunate configuration and may cause multiple issues in addition to the one (trademark) that you mentioned above. A distinct LP will not have the same authorization as a registered dealership.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, @MosheTLV!

We didn't apply for authorization because we are a dealership and we sell Ford cars. None of our other ads have this problem and they also include the trademarks mentioned above.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, @Lakatos!

Universalnew.com was taken, that's why we went with .ca. Besides, we are located in Canada. Do you think this might be the problem?

You say: A distinct LP will not have the same authorization as a registered dealership. Can you please elaborate on this?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

OK;

Then submit an appeal using this form;

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/approvals?hl=en&cft=3

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Obviously the situation was not clear. Please complete the form @MosheTLV linked to.