AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Approved Ads Running for Months suddenly getting Disapproved systematically over a period of days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can anybody help me with following :

I have quite a few ads running for more than a year.

Suddenly, for the past 2 weeks these approved running ADs are getting disapproved. No changes were made to these ads. These ads have accumulated quite a huge number of impressions and clicks. What surprises me is 2 ads are getting disapproved at a time. Over the past week it has happened twice.

Is it a co-incidence that at the same time I am starting to see a sudden rise in 1 star rating of Google My Business Listing, increase in number of invalid clicks, and suspension of my business accounts.

I managed to restore my suspended account via help from this community. 

Is somebody doing it purposely or are these events genuine, I am unable to decipher.

Need guidance from esteemed members in this regard. Thanks in advance to the community members.

Regards

Amit

2 Expert replyverified_user

Approved Ads Running for Months suddenly getting Disapproved systematically over a period of days

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

What are the reasons for the ad disapprovals?

Re: Approved Ads Running for Months suddenly getting Disapproved systematically over a period of day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for response

It says "online pharmacy certification required" "restricted drug terms
(botox)".

But question is I have almost 75 ads running and *none of them mentions the
word BOTOX* in the ad.

All ads are linking to same website that is

dragarwalsclinic.com

The disapproved ads were running fine till a couple of days back.

Besides the 4 running curently disaproved ads all other ads are still
running.

Also the website lists only the facilities offered at our clinic.

We do not sell medicines.

We have doctors who provide only consultancy services and do procedures
wherever required.

Regards
Amit

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Botox is mentioned on your website.

Re: Approved Ads Running for Months suddenly getting Disapproved systematically over a period of day

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi
Is just mentioning the word 'Botox' (as a list of services provided ) in
the website enough for disqualification.

Then why was the ad running all this time and how come other ads are still
running?

All the 75 ads are linked to same website.

NOTE: I have REMOVED THE WORD BOTOX from my website. This should help, I guess.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob,

Removed the Word Botox from the website itself. Should this sort out the issue?

Regards

Amit

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

The claims on the cosmetic section of the site should be overhauled to be within common acceptable scientific procedures. Just removing Botox will not suffice. (I still find Botox on your website, under cosmetics.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

It is a common question here - why are they disapproved now, or why isn't my competitor disapproved? My best guess is that Google throttles the checks they do so support humans don't get flooded with enquiries. But only Google really knows.

Removing Botox from all parts of your site should do the trick. But it needs to be not appearing in Google's cache of your site, that is where they check. And that can take a few days, varies from site to site.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Rarely to happen, ( Smiley Surprised )  but, on that, I disagree with @RobSkelton that removing Botox alone  will suffice the reviewer (who will check the site after submitting the appeal).  You should "lower the tone" of superlatives ("the best"  and other claims,   e.g. "Facial Rejuvenation" and others ) mentioned within the text on the site.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’