AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Apply to use trademark in ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am setting up a campaign for an iPhone accessory-store and discovered that we weren't allowed to use the word iPhone in our ads. Though I see in the serp that other ads for similar stores use the word and I heard that you can apply for the allowance to use them.

How do you do that? What are the criterias?

Re: Apply to use trademark in ads

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Google will investigate and may restrict the use of a trademark within ad text. Ads using restricted trademarks in their ad text may not be allowed to run. This policy applies worldwide.
Ad campaigns targeting the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, or Ireland may use a trademark in ad text if the ad is in compliance with adwords policy on resellers and informational sites.
o request that an account be authorized, please contact the trademark owner directly and ask that they fill out the form mentioned below. Google cannot arrange the authorization for you.
https://services.google.com/inquiry/aw_tmauth?utm_source=policyhc&utm_medium=contact_tmauth&utm_camp...