AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Another Ebay Policy Violation! Lets give them an award already!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Well look at this, not only 1 but "2" policy violations by Ebay for advertising electronic cigarettes through Adwords.What are they up to? 100, maybe even a 1,000 Adwords policy violations and yet they are still able to advertise? Any of us small businesses would have already had our accounts terminated for this type of malicious behavior. Lets give these guys an award already for the most policy violations in adwords history. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE??!?!?!

violation

Re: Another Ebay Policy Violation! Lets give them an award already!

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi leatherlidinser,

Our policies apply equally to everyone and we take evenhanded enforcement of our policies very seriously. Please use this  feedback form to report any ads that you believe don't comply with our policies.

Thanks,

Mini

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

We've already submitted this along with 20 others and please do not lie about policy violations. This is a direct violation of user safety oplicy and from the amount of research that our team has done, we have found over 150 legacy and current direct policy violations with ebay and Amazon.com and yet they are still advertising on Google Adwords. You call that being treated equally? Because I can pull up a number of threads from individuals who have had their account banned for much less.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Because ebay spends 10s of millions yearly on adwords... Google is not stupid to banned them plus the other thing is eBay is a marketplace eBay it self is not selling the electroinc cigrates the end user is....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

... the display URL is "www.ebay.com" so your statement regarding end users is irrelevant. That would mean that anyone could create a website and get away malicious policy violations and state "it's not us, it's the end user doing the type of behavior" - if your business model is revolved around end users selling items, you as the company / corporate entity need to be held accountable for policy violations. Just like if a disgruntled employee of a corporate entity does malicious activities to customers, the corporation is still held accountable in the court of law.

All we ask is that we all be treated equally and fairly.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I just searched through Adwords Policies and I couldn't locate anything regarding Policy exemptions for businesses that run marketplaces where end users create products. Perhaps you can share a link outlining these types of policy exemptions?