AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Another Double Serving Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

My company has been appointed as a sales agent for company "B" that currently uses Adwords to sell their products online and generates a lot of business this way (Big spender on Adwords).  Their campaigns are successful, but there is room for improvement.  I intend creating my OWN website, not owned or controlled in any way by company "B", but containing the same product information as company "B" and would earn a commission on sales generated by my website for company "B"s products. 

1. Would this be regarded as double serving?

2. Can two campaigns (their own and mine) use the same destination links to specific products?

I do not want to violate the rules and put both campaigns in jeopardy...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It sounds from your question "My company has been appointed as a sales agent for company "B", that you are a separate and independent   business entity, competing (as a distributor / agent) with the manufacturer. 

So for  AdWords, you are competitors, and  no violations. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In any case it looks like you are referring to affiliate advertising here. Promoting the same product using a new website and earning commission. This is tricky and has been controversial since long.  I would strongly suggest to read this article before you make this decision:- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you  MosheTLV

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks pankaj1782 I have also read the other threads on this.  Seems like a complicated issue as you said.  The company who's products I will be marketing has an own account manager at Google.  Would the Google account manager be in a position to OK the idea upfront if it is given to them?  

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Francois v;

Nope. The account manager can help on AdWords features and performance. He/ she has no  influence about Policy decisions. This entirely up to the Policy enforcement team

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’