AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Amazon has banned items and yet still gets to display ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have had our site banned from adwords because it contained items in the 'Dangerous products or services' section of the adwords terms. We don't actually sell these items, they are required to display our products. We sell military pouches to hold weapon magazines, primarily for simulation use. We're ok with this, its just one of those things. We'll worry about it later.

What I'm interested in is that i can search google for 'amazon mag pouches' and this predictably brings up not only an advert, but their natural seo link to amazon.

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 10.23.17.png

This brings up their product search and it contains brightly colored mag pouches:

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 10.26.22.png

Even though this is designed to negate the rules, is this ok?

Similarly, this search for 'amazon holsters' brings up this result:

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 10.29.23.png

which goes to a page containing these guns:

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 10.30.04.png

So, our account was banned without warning, and our adwords taken offline, we were left to pick up the pieces and they are still all over the place. I'm using these as EXAMPLES and amazon does this across loads of different products. Also, other huge sites like ebay to the same thing.

I think that Amazon is getting preferential treatment and is allowed to break the rules because they undoubtedly pay google a lot of money for adwords.

I would like, since the discovery of Amazon's indiscretion here for their account to be locked like ours was, and I want them to be treated the same as other people who use this service. It's not one set of rules for them and one for us, its one set that covers everybody.

Or, how about this for a simple solution: Just realize that we aren't selling anything bad and they are only in the images to illustrate a possible use and restore our site.

Re: Amazon has banned items and yet still gets to display ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

oh, and this beauty too, look in the bottom right at the adword:

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 11.23.50.png