AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Amazon and Ebay Text Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am interested in setting up an adwords account for a skateboard i am selling on ebay.  Are there any issues that I should be aware of before I set this up.  Would I just use the url of the skateboard on ebay as the landing url? Ive tried in the past and some of my ads got disapproved for something about a Robots.txt file.

Thanks, Gary

Re: Amazon and Ebay Text Ads

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Gary,

The most common issue with ebay ads and robot.txt files is that you may see this message:

A robots.txt file is blocking us from downloading your data feed. Please make sure the user-agents "Googlebot" and "AdsBot-Google" are not being blocked from the directory containing your feed.

In order for us to access your site and images, ensure that your robots.txt file allows user-agents "Googlebot", "AdsBot-Google" and "Googlebot-Image" to crawl your site. You can do this by adding the following lines to your robots.txt file:

User-agent: Googlebot
Disallow:

User-agent: AdsBot-Google
Disallow:

User-agent: Googlebot-Image
Disallow:

Hope that helps,

Mini