AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Am i really talking to Google? And why a link to MOMA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

I have an ad campaign with adwords. A while back it got suspended. Around the same time I rebuilt my  simple 5-page website by hand (it had been Wordpress before) and changed the names of some of the pages. I also got an email from my hosting company saying that some of my files had been infected with malware. 

I cleaned up my site and deleted all infected files. Google continues to disallow my ad. I have been in email contact with them on and off for weeks, via a contact form I found buried in my adwords account pages. The emails have been long and friendly but unhelpful. The grammar and punctuation and even formatting are quite poor. The last email I got, yesterday, told me there was a link on my site which was broken, and that the link is "infecting the site and hence causing malware". (does that statement make the slightest sense?) . They provided the link, which was to one of the pages that I renamed. I clicked the link text because it was hyperlinked, and this took me to Google's "moma single-sign on page". Furthermore, they told me to used "advanced webmaster tools" to fix the site. I googled that, and failed to find anything called "advanced webmaster tools". 

I'm not sure if I'm talking to a person at Google or a scammer. These emails are unprofessional and smell of scam, but I emailed Google directly from within my adwords account page.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Am i really talking to Google? And why a link to MOMA?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David P

I am escalating the case to Google's CS asking them to recheck  the account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi David,

Thanks Moshe for bringing this to my attention.

I have checked and can see that there has been recent emails from the Google AdWords team about this topic. So, rest assured that this is not a scam.

I will ask someone to reach out in regards to your other issues.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks.