AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Am i really talking to Google? And why a link to MOMA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

I have an ad campaign with adwords. A while back it got suspended. Around the same time I rebuilt my  simple 5-page website by hand (it had been Wordpress before) and changed the names of some of the pages. I also got an email from my hosting company saying that some of my files had been infected with malware. 

I cleaned up my site and deleted all infected files. Google continues to disallow my ad. I have been in email contact with them on and off for weeks, via a contact form I found buried in my adwords account pages. The emails have been long and friendly but unhelpful. The grammar and punctuation and even formatting are quite poor. The last email I got, yesterday, told me there was a link on my site which was broken, and that the link is "infecting the site and hence causing malware". (does that statement make the slightest sense?) . They provided the link, which was to one of the pages that I renamed. I clicked the link text because it was hyperlinked, and this took me to Google's "moma single-sign on page". Furthermore, they told me to used "advanced webmaster tools" to fix the site. I googled that, and failed to find anything called "advanced webmaster tools". 

I'm not sure if I'm talking to a person at Google or a scammer. These emails are unprofessional and smell of scam, but I emailed Google directly from within my adwords account page.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Am i really talking to Google? And why a link to MOMA?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David P

I am escalating the case to Google's CS asking them to recheck  the account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi David,

Thanks Moshe for bringing this to my attention.

I have checked and can see that there has been recent emails from the Google AdWords team about this topic. So, rest assured that this is not a scam.

I will ask someone to reach out in regards to your other issues.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks.