AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Am I allowed to send AdWords traffic to a survey?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a simple page with 7 questions for a survey I am running. I want to collect answers to understand better the customers of next project.

I checked the AdWords policies, but couldn't find anything related to surveys. Do any of you guys know if it's OK or not to send AdWords traffic to a survey?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Am I allowed to send AdWords traffic to a survey?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello DanielS;

Check the information harvesting section.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

As MosheTLV said, you should check "information harvesting section" and how can you go around this. You may not be allowed unless you published some privacy policy there and the type of inforation you are collecting.

Check this link for more information- http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190438

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Why not just survey your current customer database? I'd suggest you look into finding a list provider that will allow you to send an email out to a specific demographic. Google can be very strict about harvesting info.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Check this tool by Google:

Google Consumer Surveys

http://www.google.com/insights/consumersurveys/home

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi DanielS

Did you crack this?

I am having a very similar problem compounded by both my and a lack of specific knowlege / apparent guessing at answers from various (attempting unsucessfully to help me) customer services individuals who are asking questions such as "which website are you promoting" and "what do you want from your analytics" rather than what I want which would be "yes, we can help you promote your survey which will result in you giving us money for your adwords and your survey responses"

There must be a simple route through this morass but I haven't found it, perhaps you have?

Matthew