AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Am I allowed to create am Adword campaign with my personal name ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Am I allowed to create am Adword campaign with my personal name that would link to my Linkedin account ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Am I allowed to create am Adword campaign with my personal name ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Good Question.

You will be able to create your Adwords Campaign pointing to your Linkedin Page. It is allowed. I have done this for my own linkedin page.

Make sure your destination URL and display URL follows the policy.
Please make a note of destination URL policy https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?rd=1

Wrt your name in your Ads, make sure it is not trademarked already by someone Smiley Happy . If it is already trademarked by someone in your targeting location, you may want to go through this https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562645?hl=en

Thanks,
Balu.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for that Balu. I think it could work in theory BUT as my name (the keyword) is not searched very often, the search volume will most probably be too low (less than 50 searches per month) and in that case the keyword may have to low of a volume to actually display ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Vincent.

Whenever you want to send AdWords traffic to a page, make sure that the website is fully compliant with AdWords policies.

If it's not, it's you who bears the responsibility. It's also your account that gets suspended until the website that violated the policy gets compliant again.

If LinkedIn will ever violate a policy, I'm pretty sure that they won't fix it because you ask them to. It happened to many affiliate advertisers, who found that they can no longer use AdWords again, because the sites that they used to advertise were too big to care about one affiliate.

However, since you want to advertise a profile page of yours, why not advertise your Google+ account? I'm pretty sure that as a first impression page it can do just as much good as a LinkedIn page, if not more, due to the pictures you can use. And on that profile page you can link to your twitter / facebook / linkedin and any other social / professional pages.

I'm 99.99% sure that AdWords will never consider a Google+ landing page as non-compliant Smiley Happy. Chances are that LinkedIn will stay compliant as well, but they're not 99.99% Smiley Happy.

As a side note, you may also want to check if LinkedIn allows you to advertise their website through AdWords. But that's off-topic here.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, and what about the low search volume issue that I may have ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If you have low search volume, you should start covering more keywords related to your business/services/products for which you want your ads to appear. Use Keywords Planner for more keyword suggestions and you may also want to use Google.com/trends.

Thanks,
Balu.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

A good Google+ page will most certainly be the first to trigger for your name, so maybe you won't even need an AdWords ad just to attract attention to your profile, if we were to "think laterally" a bit Smiley Happy.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.