AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Am I allowed to advertise a Wordpress blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website is made on Wordpress.com using a wordpress theme. 

Adwords suspended my ad campaign. I received an e mail from Adwords with a link to potential reasons for suspension. I followed the link and found one possibility: 

"Google doesn't allow template or pre-generated "ready made" sites intended to profit from AdSense ads or ads from other publisher networks."

Does using a wordpress theme violate the above Adword TOS? 

My website is: www.stewartinnes.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Am I allowed to advertise a Wordpress blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Stewart,

Are you trying to advertise your site with pay per click (AdWords).

Or 

Are you trying to run advertisements on your site (AdSense)?

It sounds like from the rejection that you are trying to run AdSense which is completely different from AdWords.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Not that I can see. DID you have AdSense ads on the site that you removed before posting this message?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeremy and Dave,

Thanks for replying.

I am trying to advertise my site (Adwords pay per click), not put ads on my site. I want the ad to appear to people at media and TV production companies in the UK and US and invite them to visit my site and know about my services so that they may hire me on projects here in the Middle East.

Are you able to advise me why the Adword was rejected?

The site is www.stewartinnes.com

Thanks