AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

All acounts got banned

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I am facing a problem sometime now. I was managing some accounts of clients in adwords. I had never read the policy of adwords. So I was using a coupon for every account. Sometimes google sent to me also promotional coupons. I was using them as well. Suddenly all the accounts from different clients got suspended. And they said I was violationg the coupons policy. Ok I understand through my ignorance that I violated the policies. That is ok. The websites I was promoting belong to the clients. This means that these clients will never be able to promote their websites? If so, this is a disaster. The websites were decent small companies. All these domains can not advertised anymore in google.? I can not contact google, they don't talk to me... So how can I explain that now that I know it won't happen again. After all I am not a criminal or so. All this promotion that I made it was just a package from promotion for small buisnesses. 

I am desperate

Anyone that can help me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

All acounts got banned

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Eleni M,

If you were using a coupon for every (new) account associated with small businesses, chances are you were using them in compliance with policy. Obviously you had to do also something else in addition to what you confessed, otherwise those accounts would not be banned now. Could you elaborate a bit more on it and provide us with more information?

Note that you posted the same query twice, therefore I removed the second one.  

Best,

Lakatos

All acounts got banned

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

Thank you for your responce. Sometimes google sent to me an extra promotional coupon. I used it too. I have to tell you that all these buisinesses are related to travel and are almost all located in one specific location. I used almost the same keywords. One time I deleted an account and after sometime the owner asked me to do again adwords. So I created an new e-mail and I made the new account. I got also a coupon for that. I am not professional in adwords, I made them because the company I work is specializing in promoting accommodations. I maybe have made some mistakes but I never had read the policy about adwords. I was not promoting anything bad. One time also a client had to stop advertising. I had some money in this account and I advertised someone else there. Google suspended this account and then in a matter of few hours about 30 accounts were suspended. Now I am really confused. The frustrating thing is that google keeps on sending me coupons.

All acounts got banned

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the message that I got

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

Google maintains a high standard for the quality of our advertisements and our user experience. We have recently determined that your business maintains multiple AdWords accounts simultaneously serving ads for similar or related keywords and/or businesses.

In addition, our records indicate that some or all of these accounts were opened using promotional coupons limited to one redemption per individual or business. As a result, we have suspended your AdWords accounts and would ask that you refrain from creating additional accounts using other AdWords promotional coupons that you may already possess or obtain in the future.

Sincerely,

The Google AdWords Team

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eleni M
June

All acounts got banned

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Eleni M,

"... serving ads for similar or related keywords and/or businesses ..."

That's what in fact bumped into Policy. Lack of knowledge does not make you exempted from having to comply with terms and conditions. 

"...This means that these clients will never be able to promote their websites?..."

Negative, it doesn't. It is your personal AdWords accounts that are suspended. Your clients are not banned from creating accounts hence will be able to promote their websites.

Best,

Lakatos

All acounts got banned

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

Thank you for your reply. This was very helpful for me. I was terrified when someone told me that these websites are banned forever from google adwords. This would be a disaster. Now I am feeling relieved. 

Thanks once again.