AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Alcohol ads on YouTube children's music

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What do I need to do to make sure that alcohol is not advertised on my children's music videos? I would think that children's products and family oriented ads would be the most successful. Is there a way to request ads that are rated for children?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Alcohol ads on YouTube children's music

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

There are two ways; The first one is to turn on the YouTube safety mode. Safety Mode is an opt-in setting that helps screen out potentially objectionable content that you may prefer not to see or don't want others in your family to stumble across while enjoying YouTube. It use community flagging, age-restrictions, and other signals to identify and filter out inappropriate content. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/174084?hl=en

The second way is to remove unwanted ads either from specific advertiser or choose which interests or demographic details are used to show you ads. Step-by-Step instructions are found here:- https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662850?hl=en

Re: Alcohol ads on YouTube children's music

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The best would me  "two layers" approach: The first as suggested by Ahmed,.

However, since those settings are not perfect  -  I would another layer of "parental control" software. ( There are many available in the market, by different providers  - your ISP most likely could also offer one)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’