AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

After Ad Editing, Ad Position Decreased

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I am running a campaign to sale Antioxidant products, Yesterday I edit some ads to improve quality of ads. But this morning i can see position of ads decreased. 

Please help me ASAP, why its happning?

Thanks,

Vikash

Re: After Ad Editing, Ad Position Decreased

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

You basically have new ads and you have to wait for a few days to get impressions and CTR.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375287?hl=en

"Keep in mind

• When you follow the steps above, the original version of your ad will be deleted and you'll create a new ad and your new ad's performance history will be set to zero. However, you'll still be able to see your original ad's performance history by selecting "All" from the "All but deleted campaigns" drop-down menu above the statistics table.
  • You won't be able to resume the original version of your ad."

Next time it would be a good idea to edit the Ad by keeping the old version and pausing it to be able to re-enable it if the new ads do not perform well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian,

I can see quality score of ads also decreased. Now I want to know what will be effect on my account or other ads in this campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
On more question,
With in single ad group I am creating 4 ads can I use same destination URL for all ads? Because I am creating all these ads for single product.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

As far as I know in the Ads tab there is no reported QS for Ads. Maybe you noticed changed QS for the keywords in that Ad Group. Regarding the impact on the account , this is not reported , in theory Better Ads in terms of better CTR have a positive impact.

All Ads in an ad grouop can have same destination URL or different destination URLs but from the same domain (same site).