AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

After 8 months of being active, my ads got disapproved?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello!

One of my campaigns which was working very good for me got 10 of its 20 ads disapproved. I did not resubmit my ads with any changes or anything like that, so I am asuming its just a regular check Google makes to already existing ads. 

Now here comes the strange part, the reason for the dissaproval says: Trademark Infringement 

The strange parts are:

- When I read my ad I don't see any trademark in it!

- The other 10 ads which are Available and haven't been disapproved are practically the same as the ones disapproved

Because I haven't asked my client I can not paste my ad text here yet, but I can assure you all of the words in that ad are on the dictionary.

Can this be an AdWords error? Is there anyway to resubmit disapproved ads without making changes to them? I really don't want my campaign pause throughout the weekend Smiley Sad

Thanks for your time and help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: After 8 months of being active, my ads got disapproved?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Yakito;

Could it be be that the whole account was under review ? Or you re-activated paused ads?  I have not heard of active ads  checked during an active running campaign

There are cases where a "commonly" used word is actually a tradename.  Well-known examples are those that have transformed into an actual verbs e.g: to xerox, to FedEx....Smiley Happy

Without seeing the ads it is hard to comment. Have you tried to call Google and ask what trade-name was infringed ?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for your time Moshe,

Yes, this is the first time I get one of my already approved ads which has been running for almost a year suddently getting dissaproved. Its also strange that one of my other campaign got most of its ads "Under Review" now and yet again some other ads in the same campaign with practically the same words are still available.

I haven't modify anything, just logged in to my account and found that the ads were disapproved. Another strange thing is that I haven't recived an email as they usually do Smiley Sad

I have sent an email to support because all the lines are busy everytime I call, but I have checked the forum that the same issue is happening for other members  so maybe its just some kind of glitch or something going on. I will keep trying on the phone

Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Yakito;

Keep us posted - an interesting case!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’