AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Affiliate website Australia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,I would like to set up an afiliate betting website in Australia. Do I need special permission licence to do this? If so what is hte process and how do I go about it?

Or is this not required as an aggregator/affiliate?

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Affiliate website Australia

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, and welcome to the community.

Here you have the policies regarding betting (there's a section about Australia over there: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176014?hl=en ).

As for affiliate websites please note the following important aspects:

• if you advertise a website, you bear responsibility for this (it's in the AdWords terms and conditions you agree with when creating your account). If they break some policies, it is your account that gets suspended, and possibly any linked accounts. And the only way to lift that suspension is to have the site comply with AdWords regulations. There are plenty of affiliate advertisers who had this problem and then they were extremely frustrated because Google requested the advertised website to comply and they had no control over it.
  • even if you stop advertising that website, and the website is found not to comply with the policies at one point in time, your account gets suspended (or at least got suspended in the past, I don't know if this is still the case), as well as any linked accounts.
  • you are only allowed to advertise the main site, not your site and then send people to the main site via your own tagged links. If you do that, your website is considered a bridge page (a page whose only purpose is to pick up adwords visitors and send them to the main site). And you get suspended.
  • only one ad pointing to a website is shown for any Google search. So if you have two affiliates bidding for one keyword, only one will have his ads shown

Hope the above will make you weigh your decision.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.