AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Affiliate Link to Out of Business company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created an adword with an affiliate link to promote another business. Unfortunately the business I promoted went bankrupt and their URL now shows "404" or similar.

Now my account has been suspended until I fix the URL I was promoting but it wasn't even mine to change when the company was solvent.

I can't change my ad either. I tried changing the ad status to expired but that didn't work. I've tried phoning the Adwords team, live chat,  but it seems my hands are tied.

Surely there must be a way to rectify this and get my account reactivated? I would have been nice if the company I was promoting told me they were going out of business so I could fix or remove my ad for them.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Affiliate Link to Out of Business company

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Nick F;

When was the account suspended? . before the business went bankrupt or after? That makes a big difference. Since if the affiliate did NOT violate the Policy yu have higher chance.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV

The business went bankrupt before the suspension.

I had the ad active for several months and when it didn't perform I suspended the ad myself and then actually forgot about it for quite a while. When I logged in some months later my account was suspended.

I've tried appealing but the standard contact form asks if I've modifed the website to comply so I am at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks

Nick

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I will refer the case to Google asking for another review;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’