AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords - unable to confirm it as an authoritative online distribution source for the software

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

A week ago I tried to start advertising my software, which can be reached through my website, via Google Adwords.

When my ad got disapproved, I did some reading and found out that I need to apply for being approved as an authoritative online distribution source for the software.

I did that a week ago, and today I got the following email from Google Adwords support team:

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

We reviewed your site and are unable to confirm it as an authoritative online distribution source for the software due to previous or current policy violations.

Please bring your site into compliance if there are current policy violations on it and then re-submit the application form to become an authorized distributor for your software.

Thanks,

The Google AdWords Team

Now I'm kind of in a dead end. I didn't get any details on why my website is not compliant with the policy, and which violations are there. I did everything I thought I needed in order to get approved (made sure there is a EULA, privacy policy, uninstallation tutorial, the website and software were checked to be 100% clean, etc.).

Can you please advise if there is someone I can talk to, to provide me with more details? 

I'm more than willing to apply the fixes, but I need to know what to do.

Domain: www.vip-video-converter.com

Thanks,

Tomer.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Adwords - unable to confirm it as an authoritative online distribution source for the software

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please submit this form;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/contact/advertise_software_pol

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

I did submit that form. The email reply I mentioned above was as a response to that form being submitted a week ago.

Can you please let me know if there is anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Tomer.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Is this an affiliate?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No. I am the owner and creator of both the website and the software.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The site is shown to run on clickbank platform

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is that a problem? We are using Clickbank as a payment system, to get paid by our customers for the software.

Is there any policy that says we shouldn't do that? Any documentation on that that you can assist with providing?

I wouldn't want to make such significant changes without knowing that this is the actual issue that prevents from getting approved as a software distributor and advertiser on Adwords.

Thank you for your time and assistance Moshe.

Tomer.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well,  There are several issues here: You must comply with the software principles;

https://www.google.com/about/unwanted-software-policy.html

And   run a search on the internet  on AdwWrds and ClickBank;