AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords for Amazon KDP

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,  

Hope everyone doing well.

One of my clients wants to promote books using Google Adwords which are published on Amazon KDP. Is it possible to direct link to the Amazon site from our Google ad? Or using any ad with the word Amazon or any variation Or Amazon URL thereof is against their policies? Please advice.

Regards,

Gokuldas K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Re: Adwords for Amazon KDP

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

"Is it possible to direct link to the Amazon site from our Google ad? "

This was extensively discussed here : link

The conclusions that I have drawn from that topic are the following :

1) Because you do not control the site where you will send the visitors , the site could breach an adwords policy without you knowing this and your account could get suspended.

2) You will not be able to track conversions or other metrics, since amazon.com will not allow you to edit the page with the book.

3) You should contact adwords and amazon to have an official feedback for this sensitive issue since it has many grey-zone aspects, you cannot tell for sure what is white or what is black unless you double-check with them both.

4) A recommended alternative is to create a landing page within a site and to advertise something that you can control. From that landing page you can instruct visitors to visit a link to buy the book from amazon. However even in this situation you need to have content in your site, you cannot promote only links from amazon, because you would breach the "bridge page policy".

"Or using any ad with the word Amazon or any variation Or Amazon URL thereof is against their policies? "

Against AdWords is for sure the usage of trademarks in Ad text (not in the URL ) : editorial policies link

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

"Is it possible to direct link to the Amazon site from our Google ad? "

This was extensively discussed here : link

The conclusions that I have drawn from that topic are the following :

1) Because you do not control the site where you will send the visitors , the site could breach an adwords policy without you knowing this and your account could get suspended.

2) You will not be able to track conversions or other metrics, since amazon.com will not allow you to edit the page with the book.

3) You should contact adwords and amazon to have an official feedback for this sensitive issue since it has many grey-zone aspects, you cannot tell for sure what is white or what is black unless you double-check with them both.

4) A recommended alternative is to create a landing page within a site and to advertise something that you can control. From that landing page you can instruct visitors to visit a link to buy the book from amazon. However even in this situation you need to have content in your site, you cannot promote only links from amazon, because you would breach the "bridge page policy".

"Or using any ad with the word Amazon or any variation Or Amazon URL thereof is against their policies? "

Against AdWords is for sure the usage of trademarks in Ad text (not in the URL ) : editorial policies link

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Adrian,

Thank you for your wonderful explanation. It really helped me to confirm my understanding.

Regards,
Gokuldas k