AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords certified partner tricking the system, consequences?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all!

Not sure where to go with this information, but I am trying here.

There is a huge scam on the adwords network that has been going on for some months now. I have reported them several times, but with no luck. After some research about the companies behind the ads I found that one guy is running his own little ad agency. He is a certfied adwords partner and he is using his credentials and certfiication to trick the system.

I will not share the link, but he is cloacking the ads with a redirect via a frame on the landing page. The display URL and landing page URL are always the same, but when you click anywhere on the page the URL changes. Also the second time you enter the page, the frame is gone. So cookies are tracked I guess. I guess he is blacklisted from advertising on the network, but has found a method of tricking the Googlebots. The ad is even tricking the people looking at the policy report, because he is still live, but changes the display URL many times. He has around 10 different display URL's that have been advertised. He is also copying real, live pages from web (he changes names, addresses and links, but keeps the layout and text) and use those as the page behind the display URL. This is without a doubt a scam.

I am not a certified adwords partner, but I guess there is some sort of code of conduct or ethical guidelines behind being a partner?

Can I report this somewhere? What action can I take unless I can't report it?

Thanks

Stan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords certified partner tricking the system, consequences?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This requires in depth investigation which only Google has the tools to conduct.

You can also report it to the partners program by filing a complaint against a certified partner (assuming he is)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’