AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To whom it may be concern,

I have problem with my adwords account. It was suspended because of paying issues and promotional code (coupon) violation.
When I called support in 2013. we were told that it is ok to open new account to use new code. It was BIG misunderstanding. We were never told that we can NOT use ti for same company and that we will banned permanently.
Now we are suspended and we do not know how to retrieve our adwords account (the one I am using it at the moment). This account is our main account where we used promotional coupon only once and now it is suspended.

Please help us. Any advice or anything how to un-suspend our account. Please tell us what to do.

Are we going to be able ever to promote our website? Smiley Sad((
We have contacted support but now answer (only generic).

Best regards,
Darko

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords account suspended

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Dream L

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

You mentioned that you need to 'retrieve' your AdWords account. Even though it is suspended, you should still be able to access it to view your reports etc, but unless the suspension is lifted, you won't be able to continue advertising with it. 

It's at Google's discretion whether a suspension can be lifted or not, and there is an appeal process you could try, but their decision is final. You can read more about what suspension means and the appeals process in the articles below:

About suspended accounts

Appeal a policy related suspension

I wish you the best of luck!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dream L
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dream,

I will try to touch all the points that you raised. Bear in mind that I do not claim to be an expert in AdWords - this is just my experience.

1. a suspension based on paying issues is permanent and cannot be lifted; from what you are saying it looks like AdWords's CSR told you the same thing;

2. a review of a site can take anything from a few days to weeks;

3. lifting a suspension can be a very tedious process; I have seen a user claiming that it took 6 months and countless calls and emails but in the end he managed to get his account unsuspended; but his case was not related to payment issues;

4. if they will not lift up the suspension it is irrelevant what you do with your website; an account suspension is against YOU personally, not against a site; you will not be able to advertise any other website in the future.

I am sorry to bring you bad news, but this is how I see your situation.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
It's better to have an answer from a policy expert like @MosheTLV

I know that Google tracks a lot of parameters related to an advertiser so that it can ban any future accounts. Naturally, Google has linked that site to you.

The real problem is this: if somebody advertises your site, will he be in trouble because - you, the owner of that site - are banned in AdWords?

What is important in your case is that there is nothing wrong with the site itself. All this trouble comes from the usage of that coupon.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Dream L

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

You mentioned that you need to 'retrieve' your AdWords account. Even though it is suspended, you should still be able to access it to view your reports etc, but unless the suspension is lifted, you won't be able to continue advertising with it. 

It's at Google's discretion whether a suspension can be lifted or not, and there is an appeal process you could try, but their decision is final. You can read more about what suspension means and the appeals process in the articles below:

About suspended accounts

Appeal a policy related suspension

I wish you the best of luck!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dream,

Let's try to check out these following links maybe these will help you to fix this issue.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704383?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375414?hl=en

If issue not resolved then you have contact to Google for this. They will suggest you better what you have to do fir this.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To whom it may been concern,

Thank you for the answer.
Can suspension be lifed?
How it can take for a review?

If they do not lift the suspension do I need a new webiste?
I ask this because I can not advertise my present website.

Please answer,

Uros

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Roshan,

Thank you but I have tried all of those.

I can not contact support by phone because my account is suspended.

Please send any other advice.

Best regards,

Dream Land
Uros

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
These links help me thanks! Roshan Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Hl_ipe,

I will ask you again.
Can suspension be lifed?
How long does it take for a review or suspension?

If they do not lift the suspension do I need a new webiste?
I ask this because I can not advertise my present website.

Please answer,

Uros
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dream,

I will try to touch all the points that you raised. Bear in mind that I do not claim to be an expert in AdWords - this is just my experience.

1. a suspension based on paying issues is permanent and cannot be lifted; from what you are saying it looks like AdWords's CSR told you the same thing;

2. a review of a site can take anything from a few days to weeks;

3. lifting a suspension can be a very tedious process; I have seen a user claiming that it took 6 months and countless calls and emails but in the end he managed to get his account unsuspended; but his case was not related to payment issues;

4. if they will not lift up the suspension it is irrelevant what you do with your website; an account suspension is against YOU personally, not against a site; you will not be able to advertise any other website in the future.

I am sorry to bring you bad news, but this is how I see your situation.

Best regards,
Razvan Mihaiu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So,
If I had it clear.
My Dream Land account will not be able to advertise particular website that we need but some other account or other person will be able?

Just to make it clear because website is one of the most popular in market and it has not been removed from google.
Will the website have to change url address? Do you know anything about that?

Thank you in advance
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
It's better to have an answer from a policy expert like @MosheTLV

I know that Google tracks a lot of parameters related to an advertiser so that it can ban any future accounts. Naturally, Google has linked that site to you.

The real problem is this: if somebody advertises your site, will he be in trouble because - you, the owner of that site - are banned in AdWords?

What is important in your case is that there is nothing wrong with the site itself. All this trouble comes from the usage of that coupon.