AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords has got suspended because i have linked to domains in the past which are now non-existant and not used. Have had this account 10 years and unfortunately a few companies have gone bust in that time. Seems a little unfair considering all those ads are removed/deleted!! They were quite happy to take my money for advertising them when they existed and also listing those sites in their own free listings!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords account suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your case is clear. Please explain;
You are NOW suspended, in an account running smoothly for ten years, because of the URLs expired /abandoned years ago?
URLs have to be active at the time of the violation, and only then the account is suspended.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Adwords account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's correct. When asked why, they gave me a list of sites which no longer worked. These campaigns had all been removed (as close I can get to delete!) and the sites no longer exist. One was shut 7 years ago. They said I would need to fix those sites. I pointed out that those ads no longer run anyway and those sites don't exist anymore but they insist I have to fix them. Madness!