AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended without having any running campaigns .

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

when I was about to start my first online advertising campaign in adwords and add some funds, which would be needed for the campaign, I saw a message in my account that it was suspended, here is the actual text: "Your account is suspended - We've had to suspend your AdWords account because it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies.".

It doesn't say permanently, but I don't know if this makes any difference. It was surprising to me, because there was not any single advertising campaign running online, from the beginning when I created the account several years ago. The campaign I planned to start to run was going to be my very first advertising campaign ever. The campaigns I had in my account were only for testing and informational purposes while I was learning to operate with the account. So I don't really see what major violation could be on campaigns in my account as none of them was ever run online in the adwords network. I know that even then they( the campaigns) are still reviewed, but if there is any problem with them or with my account, it would be great and very helpful if there was some message or instruction that would direct me on where is the issue and what to be done, how the corresponding problem can be resolved.

I deleted all campaigns in case there was something wrong with them, but the message about the suspended account is still there. I also have sent email to the adwords support team, but I only received an automated response, which wasn't of much help.

I would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions on how my account can be restored to its normal unsuspended state, so I can start running my first campaign.

Thank you in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords account suspended without having any running campaigns .

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,

What was the webpage you were planning to advertise?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ryan,

I planned to advertise an ebay listing, but I haven't put anything related to it in my campaigns, actually the campaign I planned was not yet fully created, there were only some keywords prepared and listed in my account. I cleared/deleted all keywords that triggered warning for Policy/TOS violation ( there was such warning message for some keywords, when I was searching for related keywords ) and saved the campaign and the keywords for later, when I was going to create the actual campaign and run it online. Then I saw the message about my account being suspended

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
Also, if there is any google adwords employee or team staff member, that can look into my account and review it, would be really helpful.

Thank you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Ok what was the product you planned to advertise?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It was common herbal dried plant tea, like nettle, camomile, mint, etc. I guess it wouldn't be a problem to advertise such products? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your answers.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
hmm what were the keywords you were using? and have you tried calling google adwords 1-866-246-6453

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately I don't have the possibility to call adwords support team, but I sent them an email, that described my problem briefly ( briefly, because there was a limit of the words/signs I could type in the message form, I don't know why).

Regarding the keywords I used, do you want to paste them here or send them to you in some way?
Generally they were just variations that appeared, when I searched for related keywords inside adwords own suggestion tool. There were some tea related trademarks mentioned here and there, but I planned to remove them later anyway, before I run the campaign online. Could that be the reason? If so, then some warning about it would be enough for me to correct that, but a suspension of the account, I don't know really.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Adon I;

Please share your website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

I don't have actual website to promote, I was going to advertise an ebay listings that I have running and I think this is allowed by adwords policies. Do you want me to send it to you?

Also as I mentioned earlier I haven't included or written my listing URL anywhere in my adwords account or in any campaigns, so I don't think the problem is related to the listings.

Can you please look at my adwords account and see what could have created the violation problem?

Thank you in advance.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Only CS can look at the account. We don't have access to accounts.
Even if the campaign was not yet active, the ads were checked immediately after you wrote them (even if they were paused).
What is the URL you set as a destination URL in the ad -text?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’