AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended with bizaarre explanation

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have been using Google Adwords for many many years, without issue.

A few days ago my account was suspended due to advertising policies.

When I queried this with Google, I was given a very odd reply. I was told that my account has been suspended because Google cannot access 2 of my websites (site not working and parked domain), which I checked, and found to be working fine and appearing correctly across the world (used VPNs to check). Google also listed ad groups within my account that were also to blame, which have actually been deleted from my account for many many years, at least 6 years at my guess.

Each time I query this suspension I am told my account is under review... then I receive another bizarre email about sites not working and ad campaigns long gone.

My monthly spend is between £400 and £1000, which is currently zero, so guess I'm saving some money at least.

My Customer ID: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Anyone lese having this trouble since the recent upgraded urls maybe

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security. As a best practice, please do not post confidential account information in this - or any other - public forum.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords account suspended with bizaarre explanation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dean,

As your ads are not serving, be sure that you are not being charged. 

Could you share your website URL(s) in the question?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ratan

Thanks for the reply.

My ads are definitely not serving, and haven't been since my account was suspended last week. There has been no traffic from or exposures of my Adwords ads since last week.

I'm afraid I can't list the sites, as they are client sites, who I know wouldn't want that (unless there's a way I can IM them to you?).

I can say that the sites with raised issues are UK based and targeted, and live.

Due to scams from India or people using Indian VPNs to scam from, Indian IP's are blocked from accessing those sites (showing a polite message to visitors from any blocked countries). So I'm wondering if the Adwords moderation team are based in India and maybe can't see the sites due to this?

In addition, I enabled the policies column in my Adwords view, and can see the following for one of the listed sites:

Site suspended: Site Policy

Site policies: Low value content

Which again tells me the Google Adwords moderators cannot see the website.

Anyhow, to the 3 inquiries I raised today, I have received the exact same automated answer to each, listing the ad groups deleted years ago, and the sites that are live, that Google still seems to think are either not working or that the domains are parked.

I tried to call the Adwords 0800 number earlier, which seems to be down. I also requested a call back.

This is becoming very frustrating.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Dean,

Thanks for all the information. 

As you said your website is not accessible from India, or accessible with no content, it can definitely be one reason for suspension. You can make the same site accessible and can confine your targeting to exclude India. This way, you would be good to go. Make sure to fix the website before getting to apply for a reconsideration. 

When you speak to the phone support, do explain them this scenario. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan

I did make the sites relating to the live campaigns accessible from India, and those have now been re-activated.

However, I received another email listing 7 campaigns that need fixing before my account can be re-enabled. The 7 campaigns listed were removed from my account many years ago and clearly show the word "Removed" in the status column for each.

I phoned Google Adwords in Ireland, and while the rep was very polite, I feel fobbed off, the rep telling me to reply again to the email, saying exactly what I said in the last email.

This has soaked up a heap of our time over the last week, which we simply can't get back.

Enough is enough, we have given up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Finally, I have just received another email with the following instuctions:

"""""
I see that the campaigns / adgroups are removed. But to get the account review, Please delete all the ads which are shown as disapproved (also from the removed campaigns / adgroups).

Please check the attached screenshots.

Select "All Campaigns", "All Adgroups" & "All Ads". Once this is selected, all the ads, including the ads from the removed campaigns / adgroups will show. Please delete ALL the ads which are marked as "Disapproved".
""""

Of course if you try and remove an ad from a previously removed campaign or ad group, it doesn't work, as the status of those ads can no longer be changed. You'll get "Errors occured while making your changes".