AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended for USA gambling add (such ads never used)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I hope I am posting in the right forum section. Here is some information about my case:

I created my adwords account long time ago, but started using it activaly in June. I had a couple of test campaigns and then I focused on a gambling add for UK for one of my websites, with sports betting offer. The adds was stopped because gambling certificate was needed, so I filled up the required form and send the requested documents, keeping communication with adwords support. Some further documents were asked from me during the process, and I provided them too.

At the same time I started two new campaigns in the same adwords account for other website (not gambling related), which offers outsourcing services for online companies - web design, marketing, customer support outsourcing.

The two campaigns were for UK and for USA, with the same landing page, ad text, and keywords. The campaigns were promoting one product only - customer support outsourcing. I checked adwords TOS in advance, and I didn't see any restrictions about it so I started the campaigns. Both of the campaigns were approved and started sending traffic, with more or less good results.

The campaigns were running for a week or so, and then one morning I entered my adwords account, just to see that my customer suport outsourcing ad for USA is dissaproved and marked as "gambling ad", and my adwords account is suspended due to "major or repeated violations of our advertising policies".

I immediately called US support, which confirmed that the add for USA is causing the problem. After long discussion with one of the representatives, he said that most probably this is automatically done by the system by mistake because of the other add which I have in my account, and not to worry, as they will check and if the USA campaign is indeed not gambling related, they will reactivate it.

I felt that I am on the safe side, so I waited for a couple of days for my account to be checked. As I didn't receive any further update, I called up a couple of times more the support, and I got an answer every time, that there should be no problem and it is a matter of time that their team checks and the account is activated again.

A couple more days passed, and then I received an email, saying that my account was checked again, and they made a final decision that my account is permanently banned, and they cannot provide me with any further information.

This is it pretty much, but I also want to add some further info.

- I never received any warning mails about my US campaign, otherwise I would have contacted the support immediately

- As already explained, the USA campaign was for my non-gambling website, it had absolutely nothing to do with gambling, also the keywords were like "customer support outsourcing, customer support solutions, cheap customer support", etc.

- My gambling website, for which I created the add for UK and applied for gambling sertificate, was never involved/connected to adwords campaign for USA

Most imporantly, the gambling website is strictly running under European gambling legislation, therefore it is not accepting (and never did)  US players - USA is not available as country on the registration page, any attempts for registrations from USA IP's are automatically blocked, etc. This can be easily checked and confirmed. So I never had any intention or benefit in promoting gambling in USA, so I never did.

Therefore I insist that I never broke any of adwords terms and suspending my account was not fair, and I really cannot understand why this happened.

This sums up my experience with adwords so far. Any kind of help or advice will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Thomas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords account suspended for USA gambling add (such ads never use

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Can you share the URL of the US website and the one of the gambling website?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

I was not sure if it is appropriate to share: Anyway:

Noxwin(dot)com - the gambling website
Sdmbg(dot)com - the online services website (I would not say that it is US website - most of our existing clients are from Europe).

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Thomas;

The gambling site has to comply with the Policy in the countries targeted. - We agree on that.

The "tech support" site has two issues: first, I get to see gambling  banners. And even if there were no gambling  banners, the business model of tech-support violates the user safety section. (Run a search for "tech support suspension" - you'll find many cases...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed there are gambling banners visible, among many others, but they are all leading to design portfolio as you can see. There are all there for design representation purposes only. No one of the banners is leading to gambling site or similar - all go to the portfolio category, and we have nothing to hide there.

As for tech support, the service is not for "tech" support really. We do not provide any software/hardware/development support. As described in the site, our support is based on giving information about products, help for sales, etc, which is completely different thing in my opinion.

I checked the user safety section and I believe that we cover all the points.

- There is no deceptive inormation on the site (more over, the services are for companies, not for end users).
- no "get rich quick" or any similar offers what so ever.
- we have our real address + telephone numbers available on the website, for direct contact.
The only thing which I can admit is missing price information. Given the type of services that we provide however, we cannot have a specific price list, as the costs can vary a lot, depending on the client's busines and his demands. So if I put some kind of price list there, it will definitely not be the same for everybody, which will brake the adwords rule of not posting any deceptive information.

Any further advice will be much appreciated, if you think that I still have a chance to get my account activated again. In general I understand adwords consern for the gambling/USA topic, but I really never had anything gambling related shown to USA audiance.

My only desire is (or was) to get my account gambling certified and to start including the countries for which I have gambling license.

The other website I will also like to keep it for advertising in Europe only, but if it is still seen as problematic, I am willing to remove it completely, if I can get my adwords account back.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thank you for the  additional details, however, there is no change to  my previous reply.
These sites violate the Policy;
I would encourage you to search the community for "tech support suspension". You'll find many discussions on the topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV

Ok I understand your point. Do you think it is possible to continue using my gambling website only (after finishing my gambling verification process)?

After all, it should be at least clear that I didn't breake any rule intentionally, (not that this decreases the possible mistakes that I made of course) and there should be a way to fix/resubmit my website.

I want to state that I didn't receive any warning about the problematic USA campaign, and my account was suspended straight away, even though there were adwords representatives checking my adwords account at the same time, for my gambling license process, and they didn't say anything about US campaign.

In the gambing website there are no "tech support" offers, so maybe there is an option adwords to show some understanding about my case and at least let me finish my gambling verification process.

As for the other website with the problematic US campaign, I suppose it can be suspended by adwords, and at least can let me keep the gambling one. I am wiling to provide all kind of information/documents needed, if there is somebody opened for discussion about my case.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author thomas k
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well... You know.. I  do not  work at Google, and it's not my call...

However, based on my experience, if you were to fix the gambling campaign, to be in compliance in the countries targeted (which  is not easy, since you must register with the appropriate  gambling supervising agency  in each country) - you could run this campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I hope that someone of adwords representatives can step in and check my account one more time. I already sent the required documents and information for my sites, and I hope that somebody could check them.