AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended, but why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Your account is suspended - We've had to suspend your AdWords account because it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies."

I received no prior notices, so I assume this is a major violation and not a repeated violation.

I have called adwords support, read over the policies. But, still cannot figure out what is wrong. I can say that about a week before the suspension my account was put on hold for a billing review so that may possibly be related. Another thought is that I just acquired the website which successfully ran ads for months without issue.  However maybe some type of double serving rule or having the same site on two accounts rule was broken? However I am certain we did not run ads at the same time, they stopped and then I started. 

Just looking for some guidance as I am confident it is not an issue with the site itself.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords account suspended, but why?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi WHMCS D,
Only the AdWords Support team will be able to tell you why your account has been suspended. The Community Team do not have access to the details of your account.

You said that you have acquired a new website? Was there any issues with the other account that you used to advertise this in?

Ultimately I would recommend that you get back in touch with the AdWords Support team.

Kathleen

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Google is not flexible about repeated violations.;
Your account will not be reinstated.
You'll have to find other channels to promote your business.
I'm sorry; but I? Don't think we can help.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was not a repeated violation, it was the first time I ever heard about any type of violation and was not even told what it was.