AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended 4 years ago!!!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adwords account  was suspended 4 years ago for copyright policies, at the time I was doing affiliate marketing and like thousands of other affiliates I got my account suspended. Those days are being me and I haven't used my account in 4 years. I'm now working in real estate and have been for 3 years now. I want to use Adwords again to promote real estate properties and since Google owns 80% of search I would like to be able to advertise.

That being said, I spoke to Google support and they told me to resubmit my disapproved old ads to get them in compliance!! I told the CR that I don't do this anymore and don't own the websites and don't have access to any of that stuff anymore. I just want my Adwords account wiped clean and start fresh with my new business. I don't want to start the game of opening an account in a different name or other tactics to circumvent the situation. I just want to turn the the page.

I suspect that this is Google's way of saying that they will not reinstate my account. I understand that what I promoted 4 years ago was, according to Google, against their policies. But, I think it's unfair to hold this against me for the rest of my life. I'm far from having committed a capital crime here, also considering the fact that the ads ran for 2 years prior to being disapproved at a cost of over half a million dollars....

I like Google, use it every day, I think every one is entitled to mistakes and the sanction should be accordingly.

Hopefully someone has a suggestion for me...

thanks and Best regards to every one,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adwords account suspended 4 years ago!!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello poypo;

Quote:

>>" But, I think it's unfair to hold this against me for the rest of my life. I'm far from having committed a capital crime here, also considering the fact that the ads ran for 2 years before being disapproved at a cost of over half a million dollars...."

I agree! I (and others as well) tried to convince Google to withdraw from this policy of "lifetime ban". - unsuccessfully;

Furthermore; Google is firm and tough on the requirement that the site that had violated the Policy, would be brought into compliance with the Policy, before un suspension request is considered, even if the advertiser has no control (anymore) over its content.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello poypo;

Quote:

>>" But, I think it's unfair to hold this against me for the rest of my life. I'm far from having committed a capital crime here, also considering the fact that the ads ran for 2 years before being disapproved at a cost of over half a million dollars...."

I agree! I (and others as well) tried to convince Google to withdraw from this policy of "lifetime ban". - unsuccessfully;

Furthermore; Google is firm and tough on the requirement that the site that had violated the Policy, would be brought into compliance with the Policy, before un suspension request is considered, even if the advertiser has no control (anymore) over its content.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

I agree with Moshe.

Also, please edit your post to remove your account ID for your own account security.