AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords: Website can't be advertised

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've just set up a new site:

taxenquiry.co.uk

It's all about supporting people if they are having their tax affairs investigated.

My first ad has been disapproved, as my site can't be advertised - but I've not had an email or anything to explain why.

Help!

Thanks

Danielle

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords: Website can't be advertised

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Danielle H what was the reason for the disapproval?  If you hover over the small speech bubble next to the Ad in question, you should see a dialogue appear that'll give you some information on the disapproval reason.

Have you ever advertised before and had an Account suspended or any other problems?  I note you have at least one other domain offering similar services and using the same telephone number.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for looking into this.

We do have another site, but we've not attempted to use Adwords to promote
it because it still needs quite a lot of work in terms of user experience.

The new site was created to be a more streamlined approach.

I clicked on the bubble, as you suggested, but there wasn't anything
specific.

I have actually called Support, and am a awaiting a call back from them..
As I submitted a form, someone else was already dealing with it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;

To follow with Jon;
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I didn't get an email - the only message I got was in the bubble, saying
the site could not be advertised.

Still awaiting a call from them..

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Double check your incoming mail (of the email address you use to login into the AdWords account). There must be an email from Google about the suspension.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Not sure if this is THE reason, but I did notice something missing from your site that Google requires - you don't seem to be complying with the EU Cookie Policy. If you’re using most Google products on your site, you are required by your contract to follow Google’s EU user consent policy.

Here is a Google-sponsored page with more details: http://www.cookiechoices.org/

Even if this isn't the reason for this particular AdWords problem - you need to fix this ASAP anyways.