AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Trick To Click violations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've created a campaign for a mobile site and the ads are image ads (jpg, gif).

My ads didn't got approval and the reason was the ads are violating google adwords policies.

It's called trick to click. 

Any Help in getting the approval? I'm not aware of this violation.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Trick To Click violations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

It's unfortunate that your ads got disapproved. But don't worry once you rectify your ads and adhere to the advertising policies specific to image ads, there shouldn't be a problem afterwards.

Read this policy details and adhere to the best practices of creating image ads. This policy clearly defines what a trick to click is and how to avoid that:-

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=176108

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Trick To Click violations

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi WP,

If you are caught with *trick to click* reg an image ad what you should do is to ensure that your ad doesn't contain gimmicks that would trick a user into clicking the ad.

I can't guess the trick you applied because I did not see your ad. Therefore I am quoting parts from the Policy.

• Ads cannot pretend to be a system or site warning.
  • Ads cannot mimic or resemble Windows, Mac, Unix or Chrome OS dialogue boxes, error message, etc.
  • Ads should be clearly distinguishable as ads and separate from the page's content.
    • Ad background must have the distinct look and feel of an ad.
    • Ad product or offer must be clearly identified/promoted in connection with your brand, logo or name.
    • On all .gif and .swf ads with partially black or white backgrounds, you must add a visible border of a contrasting colour to the predominant background colour of the ad.
    • A single ad in violation will result in a minimum of campaign disapproval.

The help page linked-to below contains more information on the above.

*** Image ads - Content requirements - Trick to click

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=176108

Best,

Lakatos