AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Suspended: Vaporizer - Aromatherapy "Herbs"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright, I tried running some adword tests for portable vaporizers used for "herbal aromatherapy". I will add that our business is based out of Colorado. Our adwords campaign was suspended. That referred to tobacco use and e-cigs. In no way is our product promoted for tobacco use. In fact, most products labeleled as vaporizers have no relation to e-cigs. If you do a simple search for vaporizer you will quickly find that the stores effectively using adwords campaigns are not promoting e-cigs. I don't understand why they are permitted to advertise the exact same product we were. Specifically the magic flight launch box. Any good feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here is the link:

http://www.highlandvape.com/

I am guessing it is because we don't have a disclaimer requiring 18+ years of age and or anything stating that the pen is for aromatherapy only. Would those two things resolve our problem?

-HV

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Suspended: Vaporizer - Aromatherapy "Herbs"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Quoting from your landing page;

"The Magic-Flight Launch Box® is a small, fast, portable vaporizer useable by anyone, anywhere, anytime. It provides a convenient, reliable and efficient alternative to smoking".

The policy on tobacco alternatives is clear;

>>"Google doesn't allow the promotion of tobacco alternatives or cigarette alternatives, such as cigarettes that contain no tobacco and electronic cigarettes, even if promoted as an aid to quit smoking."

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176038?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright, that is fantastic feedback! Thank you!

If I remove that portion of the copy will I be okay? Do you think I should also add statements requiring the person to be 18+ years of age and that it is "for aromatherapy use only"? Is that irrelevant to Adwords policies?

Finally, do you think they will reinstate a first time offender? What happens if I accidentally violate another policy after they reinstate me? Would I be okay as long as I repaired the issue immediately upon their warning?

I really appreciate the help! Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Well...
NO. I think you cannot promote this product on Google since "categorically" Google does NOT allow to promote smoking alternatives.

Ohh...and I have just noticed that you have another section on the landing page for "the deal of the day". This part is a violation of the "information harvesting" section of the Policy;

So, I don't think Google will reinstate this landing page unless you completely overall your business model.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I still don't understand how companies like www.gotvape.com and www.vapeworld.com are successfully using Adwords for this product and a hundred other ones that essentially do the same thing. Categorically, there has to be a way around Google viewing this as a "smoking alternative".

As for information harvesting, yes we will be completely overhauling the way the test business was set up. It will be a standard retail store but the products will remain the same. It won't be a "deal of the day" site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What's even worse is that HUGE companies like eBay, Amazon and Alibaba all sell these products and continue to be AdWords clients regardless of the complaints filed against them. Were you ever able to rectify your AdWords issue mentioned here?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
check out this post https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/How-some-clear-policy-violations-survive-... and leave a comment, if you want to support my efforts to bring some clarity to this issue.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2013 thread, which had previously been inactive for more than a year, has been closed to new replies.