AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Support = Horrendous vs. Bing/Microsoft Support......Suspended Account, Disapproved Ad, etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First, after a long saga, we thought our ad would go live, and just yesterday it was disapproved.  The reason? "This ad has been disapproved."  Wow, incredibly helpful, Google.  I'm so fed up with this it's ridiculous; Bing/Microsoft Advertising has been great, they've called our office multiple times, offered to help improve our CTR, etc.  We're an educational company with absolutely zero inappropriate/scamy content, but here's our ad that is somehow disapproved:

Spanish Tutor - $10/Hour

- FREE Trial Lesson

- Skype With Expert Latino Tutors!

www.languageconvo.com

And the url displayed is the url the user would be directed to.  Our account was mysteriously suspended days after starting a campaign (after multiple calls, I never got reasoning as to why).  When it was finally reinstated, we created this ad, and it sat for 5 days waiting on approval.  On the 5th day (yesterday) I called, and that afternoon it was disapproved, with so much helpful information on the reasoning.  Of course there is no support over the weekend, fantastic work Google Support team. I've never been so frustrated trying to work with a company in my life.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Support = Horrendous vs. Bing/Microsoft Support......Suspended Account, Disapproved Ad,

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi anguageconvo;

Try to set your punctuation correctly

• Remove:  - (dash)
  • Try:  $10 per hour. (vs. $10/Hour)

Follow punctuation rules in this link:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176095

(The aim is to show users clear text without symbols that distract / "mask" the ad-copy)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Adwords Support = Horrendous vs. Bing/Microsoft Support......Suspended Account, Disapproved Ad,

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Languageconvo,

Please first of all get rid of excessive capitalization. 

FREE Trial Lesson                will be rejectd

Free Trial Lesson                 will be accepted

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the suggestions.  The following is for Adwords staff, not directed at you guys:

1.) If these ridiculous reasons are the cause of the disapproval, a disapproval reason of "Punctuation and symbols" would have been nice.

2.) The "/" symbol is universally used to mean "per"

3.) We tried using "FREE TRIAL" to inform our potential customers that we offer a completely free trial lesson (which we do on Bing), and that was rejected by your system  "FREE" of course was not rejected.  

3.) If we don't use some sort of punctuation (in this case the dashes), when the ad runs it looks like one big gobbled up sentence, that makes no sense.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@languageconvo;

/ could go through... I try to avoid it. (I haven't figured when allowed and when not allowed. That's the reason I wrote: "try").

Anyway: have you made the changes? Once you make them - the ad should be resubmitted for approval, and probably will be approved instantly

As said, AdWords asks for a clear, relevant and focused ad-copy, without graphic symbols that can distract users. That's the rules of advertising text ads with AdWords. (However, I do agree with your comment, that an indication for the disapproval reason should be given).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe, thank you again, the notes are for Adwords staff not aimed at your help.

Yes I edited the old one and created two new ads.  Our ads are never approved instantly, we usually make a change, wait the three days they say that usually takes, then call and politely ask they review the ad for approval, and then something happens.  Our account has been suspended twice without any reasoning, and they can't even tell us why when I call.  I was even told, literally, "don't do whatever it was that has gotten your account suspended twice, if it happens again we could completely shut down your account." Yes, seriously; that was from a salesperson who couldn't access our current account details but acted as a liason with the mystical active account support staff.  We're an educational company based right here in the US, nothing scamy or illegitimate in the slightest, we have two credit cards on file that will never be rejected....I'm dumbfounded.

It's great to see a large chunk of our advertising budget going to a company with terrible customer service.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@languageconvo;

Has the account been suspended OR ads disapproved? These are separate issues...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe, of course they are different issues; once again, I am directing what I'm saying now at the Adwords support staff in the hopes that someone reads it.  Our account has been suspended twice in the past, it is no longer suspended.  The last time it took two weeks of phone calls to get our account reactivated, again with no explanation as to why it was suspended.

The current issue we're having is disapproved ads.  With the changes they now say "Under Review," so I supposed I'll call on Monday and request they take a look at them.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Languageconvo,

One thing that can help with disapproved ads is the Policy Details Column.

Check it out here: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2012/08/an-easier-way-to-view-advertising.html?m=1

FYI - This community is meant for seeking assistance from AdWords Advsrtisers/Experts. If you'd like to deal with support directly. Your best bet would be to use the "Contact" button at the top of the screen here.

-Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom.  As we previously stated, "This ad has been disapproved." was the policy detail given to us as reason for rejection.  As previously stated as well, we've contacted Google many, many times via the "Contact" button.  That doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere.