AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Review help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community,

So here is my story:

My company had an adwords account that was cluttered and had bad practices in terms of seo, etc. So overall I decided to deactivate that account and start a fresh one. My new ad word campaigns are now set, everything is approved- ads, and everything. Problem is that it is how showing and have 0 impressions still since yesterday. I hovered over the ads to see what was wrong and sure enough this came up:

• Your account is currently under review. We periodically review accounts for security purposes and to verify billing information, which takes about 2-3 business days. Your ads won't show during this time period, but they'll automatically be eligible to show again as soon as the review is complete.

I tried calling support and the lady was absolutely no help. She just said from her end the account is approved and it might take a WEEK for it to show. That is horrendous, the ads were approved yesterday so she just pointed out the obvious. I was wondering if it will take a week or 2-3 days as it was shown on the error. Also, will my company's deactivated account have an affect to the new adwords account in terms of review. This is crucial, because that is loss of money and wondering if it would of been easier if I reactivated the old account and redo the campaigns. Last thing, if this was the status as of yesterday will it be possible to have it run today or is the earliest tomorrow?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Adwords Review help

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Arash,

Got your query.

Usually it takes around 2-3 days to verify your account and it should be approved by tomorrow if everything is well setup for your account. 

Wait till tomorrow and hope for the best!

Best,

Sudeep

Adwords Review help

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Arash, sorry to hear you aren't getting impressions.  It is standard practice for new accounts to go under a billing & security review.  Now calling it "billing" & "security" review doesn't explain everything that is happening.  I'm not going to go into it all but they will research if you are associated with previous account activity and check for violations.  In addition the Advertising Team will decide if you are trying to bypass policy by opening this new account as well and make a decision there.  All-in-all, the business days of review are normal, but its more than checking your "billing" or "security" so it takes a while sometimes. 

I hope you've been a good advertising partner in the past!  Smiley Happy

Adwords Review help

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Arash L,

Do not activate both the accounts at the same time, both accounts may get suspended due to policy violation "gaining unfair advantage".

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’