AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Policy on Horse Racing and Daily Racing Form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help me understand why you accept ads on drf.com when your policies apparently ban any sites which promote or facilitate gambling.

I would like to use google ads on sites related to horse racing and handicapping tournaments, but

my reading of your policies suggests that i cannot do that.

Google Adsense and Adwords policies seem to rule out any sites which promote Gambling of any sort.

So, I am not clear why Adsense Ads are allowed on the Daily Racing Form website at  www.drf.com -

which included information about which horses to bet, and includes direct links to their horse racing 

Betting website www.drfbets.com .

Google also supposedly bans sits which include Skill Based Contests for fees, which is exactly what 

tournaments.drf.com is all about. http://prntscr.com/b961bz

Please refer to this screenshot: DRF.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Policy on Horse Racing and Daily Racing Form

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Josh W

I don't think it's specifically banned, but relative to the country or countries you are wanting to advertise in and their respective laws on the subject. Whether it's a betting site or just an information one, it has to be registered with whatever government agency regulates gambling for that country or countries.  You then have to apply to Google proving this, and then I believe you can advertise.

Re: Adwords Policy on Horse Racing and Daily Racing Form

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply, but in Canada and the United States there is NO single Government Agency which gives Regulatory Approval or Permission to a website that simply publishes content about Horse Racing, but which might contain links to Legal Sites which offer betting on horse racing.

There is also no single Government Agency that gives Regulatory Approval to sites offering Skill-based Contests.
In fact, Skill-based contests are supposed to be excluded from Gambling Regulation according the Federal Government.

Daily Racing Form at drf.com specifically links to and promotes a Betting WebSite, and a Skill-based Contest site, and contains links to sites which offer sports betting information.

So, I want to know whether Google will ban ME for doing the same thing, and why they would treat me differently.

The Daily Racing Form website is not regulated or licensed by by any Government Body, and they certainly do not publish any information on their website which claims that they are.

I do not want to get blacklisted by Google if I try to run a site that provides content and information about horse racing and skill-based contests, so I would like to know how DRF gets away with it.