AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Grant account Suspended because of Fraud

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a small non-profit and we were very excited to find out about the Google for Non-Profits program, but when we went to apply for it, we found that someone had already fraudently used our EIN number to creat a Non-Profits account.  I had to wait to have Adminstrator access granted to me, and then I kicked that person out of our account, but they had already joined the Adwords program, and now it is suspended.

The Adwords Grant account was blank when we gained access to it, but as soon as I kicked the original fraudelent user out of the account, the account became suspended.

I have talked to Adwords support probably 15 times, and each time they "escalate" the case to the policy review team, and nothing ever is solved.  They "think" that it is suspended because the account is connected to another suspended account.  I have suggested just deleting the account, but they said the connection would always be there.

I've used the Google for Non- Profits contact form to bring the issue up with them as well, but have not heard anything back.  It has probably been over a month now that I've been dealing with this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Grant account Suspended because of Fraud

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Joshuaexpeditions,

Thanks for posting on our Community forum. Since this is a Google Grants issue, I recommend you re-post on the Google Grants forum here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/grants

I'm also including @RobertCoats who is the Top Contributor for the Grants Community. He is best person to answer any Google Grants questions. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adwords Grant account Suspended because of Fraud

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Joshuaexpeditions,
Sorry to hear about the fraud issue. As JP suggested, please re-post over in the Google Ad Grants Help forum, this will help me and the Ad Grants team to better track the issue. Once you post on there, I will likely then need you to email me some information off-line because I will need some specific info that we will not want to have posted publicly.

Rest assured we will get the issue escalated for you - but there will be steps we will have to take to do so.