AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Express Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a gunsmith business.  After signing up for Adwords Express we were notified that our ad was in violation of Google policy.  Turns out our website contained too much 'gun" stuff so we removed our email address/link from our Adwords Express ad.   Several weeks later we received another notice that we were in violation of Google policy.  After checking our Adwords Express ad we found that our website address had mysteriously reappeared in our Adwords Express ad.  We did not put our website address back in the ad so we assumed it must have been done by some Google rogue software.  After explaining the situation to Google Customer service we received an email that stated  the only way to avoid the problem would be to upgrade to Adwords.  Give me a break......  Is there any way for this problem to be solved in Adwords Express?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Express Problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Layne,

Both AdWords & AdWords Express advertisers need to comply with the same advertising policies.

And as per the current policy promotion of guns or gun parts are not allowed.

"Any part or component that's necessary to the function of a gun or intended for attachment to a gun
Examples: Gun scopes, ammunition, ammunition clips or belts "

Please find more details here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en

Deepak

Re: Adwords Express Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My understanding is that the problem is not with the ad itself as long as we do not have a link from our ad to our website. I deleted our website address from our ad; however; our website adddress re-appeared in our ad (we DID NOT re-enter our web address). Will someone please explain how our web address was re-entered in our Adwords?