AdWords
1.2K members online now
1.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 11 won't post keywords/ads - invalid destination url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I go to upload keywords or ads I keep getting an error message saying "Invalid destination URL. To post the keyword, edit the destination URL." The thing is that I've successfully posted this URL before with very similar tracking parameters, so I don't think the URL is the underlying problem, but the problem keeps happening across campaigns. I've been working with a Google Rep to get this resolved and she has a ticket in with the tech team. She said she was able to upload my keywords to Adwords Editor on her end without a problem so I'm wondering if it's a problem with Editor or my internet or something else. I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem and if you guys might have a fix that I'm missing.

Just to fill you in on some of the fixes I've tried:

• Uploading the destination urls as final urls - this didn't work and actually cuts off some of my tracking parameters
  • Removing all tracking parameters
  • Uploading just one keyword/ad (I was hoping maybe it was just the sheer size of my upload that was jamming it up)
  • Restarting Adwords Editor
  • Restarting my computer completely
  • Remove/Add my Adwords account back into Editor

I'll update this thread once I hear back from the tech team, but just wanted to document this and see if anyone else is having a similar problem.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor 11 won't post keywords/ads - invalid destination ur

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,
This is helpful and is closer to the solution, but now when I upload my URLs as Final URLs I get an error saying "One or more of the final URLs is malformed or too long. Check that ValueTrack parameters resolve to a valid URL."

I'm not using ValueTrack parameters so I'm not sure what the problem is. I do notice that when I upload it, the parameters are cut off under the Final URL. Any advice?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Can you show the URL you are trying to upload?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Doug L
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah, so I finally found the answer I was looking for. I'm not sure how I hadn't come across this tool that breaks down how to change your destination URL to a Final URL with step-by-step instructions. I'm good to go now, but wanted to post the tool unless anyone else was having the same problem I was:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6239113

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Glad to hear it Doug!