AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Double Serving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several clients that use more than one adwords third party providors such as yp and hibu.  One particular client is using the exact same domain and keywords on both accounts.  What is the likelyhood that they will be suspended?  The client claims that it is the third parties responsiblilty and not their, but I disagree.  Has anyone else had experience with this?  Any advise?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Double Serving

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Andrea. Yes you are correct. We generally discourage advertisers from running ads for the same or similar businesses across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords (Double Serving). This still applies even if they are utilizing third party vendors to run the ads. 

Also, it is ultimately the client's resposibility to comply with all of Adwords policies. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Targeting the same domain using different accounts is a clear violation of the Policy, unless some exemptions listed...Dont advise your client to violate the Policy...The consequences could be horrendous...(Search this community for "double serving" ...You'll find dozens of cases)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for the quick response and Happy Holidays!  I can kind of empathize with my client because YP seems more interested in fullfilling their monthly contracted budget rather than help the client remove the adword double account.  I went through three tiers of support at YP and they said that it could take weeks.  Clearly no client reads the whole policy.  Any advise? Best Regards, Andrea

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hello again;
Could you explain what do you mean by "could take weeks"
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh, BTW, I would NEVER encourage this, in fact these clients think they are above all until they get suspended and then call me crying and I have to bring them back to reality. But YP is saying that they don't have the ability to remove the account because it has to go through an approval process which could take 1-2 weeks if they even approve it.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
This is a violation of the policy. If the account's owner is aware of it, he /she should ask the agency to stop this practice. It is the owner's account - not the agencies.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much for all your help. I am so glad I found this community. I have one last (kind of weird ) question; what does the ".en" stand for on www.en.adwords-community.com ? I can't find the answer anywhere. Best Regards.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
"en" stands for English;
Google runs AdWords support communities in number of languages: Spanish ("sp") ;French ("fr"); German ("gr") Russian ("ru") Portuguese ("pr") and a few more...