AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Campaign Rejected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Few months ago I received an email from Google stating my ads got rejected due to Policy Violation: Software Principles. The details in the email are too generic so it's hard to pinpoint and fix the problem. My product is a monitoring software that helps users to completely uninstall software leaving no unnecessary files related to that software. This provides users with more storage and efficient computer. 

I was wondering if you guys can take a look at my website and product and give advice on what I need to do or change. I don't want to get my ads disapproved again or worse, get my account banned. My website is http://www.mirekusoft.com/.

Thank you for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Campaign Rejected

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Harry,

Thanks for posting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like your software is free. There are a number of policies your site must follow in order to advertise free software, including that you must be the authoritative distribution source of that software, and that you must have the name of the software in your ad text.

You can find a full list of the requirements, as well as the form you need to fill out in order to register your site as the distribution source, right here.

Let me know if you have further questions or if you don't think your site falls into this category!

Cassie