AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Ban - Who would know?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

OK, I have a question. Adwords has banned us and won't accept that we misunderstood how to configure an ad. Our customers, meanwhile, have given us a 4.9 star Amazon rating over the past year. Who's more likely to know,  the people who buy from us, or Google's monstruous algorithm?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Ban - Who would know?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I believe you are referring to account suspension here.

Account suspension is something which comes in after Adwords sees regular violation of their terms and conditions and the policies underlined by them. It's unfortunate that you became a victim of it. I don't know for what reasons suspension was done, but I believe that ratings, reviews etc...are secondary and comes afterwards if the violation has been performed regularly.

I hope you have contacted Adwords support on this matter.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Nope. No regular violation. My online record was impeccable. I signed up for an adwords account last Thursday, misunderstood the instructions for how to create a video ad, went away for the weekend and came back to find that my account had been suspended. I then deleted all of my ads and campaigns, which I now realise was the worst possible thing to do, because, as other people on this forum have testified, the record of infringement stays even after the ads have been deleted. I'm astonished that the company that made a stand on China could be so flippant with civil liberties when it comes to its own bottom line. I've been in touch with Google and they assume, as you do, that the algorithm can't be wrong. There must be some hidden, unnamed crime. If there is, I want them to name it, so I can make amends. Otherwise, I want my identity back and I want an apology.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Oh, forget it. I've got a much better deal with Outbrain. They are much better suited to content providers like me. I can't believe how dumb Google has become. Seeya.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Outbrain are just so much better. When I signed up, I got an email signed by the CEO welcoming me. Then when I showed signs of not understanding how the system worked, they sent me an email explaining it. How hard would it be for Adwords to do the same? So much better than trying to catch your new customers out with this witch hunt.