AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Ads for affiliate marketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

If I want to set a campaign that sends to an advertiser's website and uses an affiliate link, how am I supposed to set the ads?

I mean I place the affiliate link (which is obviously modified compared to the advertisers link, with all the tracking) in the tracking template field under Ad URL Options.

But I am still requested to ad a final url. What should I put there?

If I put the actual site link I will get disapproved for mismatch.

What should I do?

Also, has anyone tried to to affiliate marketing though adwords for Aliexpress?

Thanks a lot!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Before you start affiliate marketing using AdWords  - I would advise to search the community about "Affilates" and read some background content. This is a very sensitive issue with Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Basically, Google does not want affiliates using AdWords. I used to do what you are attempting and it was very lucrative at the time. Now I don't, because Google has chosen to make it too difficult.

Even if you could sort out the link issue, what will you do if your ad is suspended because something needs to change on the destination website?

And, if you check the terms of the program you belong to, there's a 95% chance that runs AdWords ads is not allowed for brand terms, and that's what is typically the most profitable.